1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shit top half of pip is hot as hell but intercooler is cold and took 1/2 off of kit piping on the crx turbo kit so heat is real bad right now
take hood off??
wanna look stock if i can
the rest is im on the phone right now to see what i can run for the 3 stage setup[ ITB-nos-Turbo. this might take a few days do adjust....
ill post more on the idea i wont stop tell i proof it.

??? i have the p28 now what the hell is the Pr3 obd1 is it the 1.7 gsr or jdm i have the pr3 only that came with the motor ya obd0 now ???
rare as hell grey plug obd1 PR3,,
one lol 88-91.civic and 92-95 JBM civic

Last edited:
or 92 gsr
stock on the obd1 gsr are rare whats the diff cuz its just like the pr3 obd0
so obd0 is knock and 2 O2's p28 is no knock and 1 o2
not like the pr3's as both
???
are both PR3's the same obdo-obd1

Last edited:
ill take all specs of the matter
now soo far i have
something diff
ITB-NOS-TRBO
ok for what i want is 12,
but i can change
upgrade a few things and done.
now if it hits 10's
gatta new $$$$ prob gatta set safty with setup incar
they don't like the car there at the drags
but meets the NHRA specs
well not many people add the MPFI dohc vtec to there older cars (YET)
so honda cars with honda name motors is all i see..

and don't think i went through stars to get it this far there'' hard as hell and still hard to let an odd ball run like what i have in any event..
in the pro drags big dogs
13.99 and under
its a bitch

I'm a moron? really for anyone sitting here saying I am a moron it has been done before. the tuning is a bitch but I remember the car it was done on posting pretty big dyno numbers. I am sure if you searched on google you would find it. Maybe if you looked before flaming you would know that. Its actually quite a simple concept. You simply take a piece of charge piping that runs over the top of all the itb's and cut holes so the top of the itb's will slide into the piping, I can't remember what he sealed the holes around the itb's with but it worked pretty well. Obviously you weld one side of the piping shut, and the other side is connected to the charge piping coming from the i/c. so if you are calling me a moron....and you couldn't figure out a relatively simple concept such as that what does that make you....and as for the car this would be going on look at what he had to fabricate to drop the b16 into this car..I'm thinking if he can do that making a simple adapater for itb's with some charge piping wouldn't be much of challenge for him. The tuning is a different story though. The itb's draw the forced air much like they would with normal air.

I wasn't saying it's not possible. I was saying that it's not cost-effective. The ITBs only make gains with NA setups, and then only if the variables are right.

It's possible. I too could draft it out in CAD, but why?

no what you were saying is I am a moron. that implies I don't know what I am talking about where as you can see I obviously do. and to be honest its not like it would cost too much more besides the cost of the itb's and the intake manifold to run those. I mean how much would a foot long piece of charge piping cost? the tuning may cost a lot but only if he didn't tune it. Regardless if you meant that say that don't just come out and say I am a moron. Besides do you think it was cost effective for him to rip out the stock motor and swap in a b16? And the itb's do make power while used with forced induction like I said I saw a car that did the exact same thing. I think it was even on a ls/vtec.

So, I'm having a hard time understanding where your at now, man.
Are you going to setup a Boosted/Sprayed/ITB's?

Whats the specs on your current turbo?

it sounds like to me he is going to roll with just itb's. I just said go for the gold and run all three. but use the nitrous much like a meth injection kit and have it spray into the "collector" he would need for the turbo setup on the itb's. It would add power and still cool the air preventing detenation.

Andrew -- ya gatta wait on the turbo setup, Im ganna try something idea was said say try the big setup,,
but we all have to wait and see what will it do with all # 3 ( Turbo ITB's and NOS ) im just on thinking and talking with buddy's that do tuning, what could happen
things it might do
BLOW-UP ----big deal its a B16 ill go B18B or B18c or B20 i tryed had the same chance with the swap
all im ganna do is try
i can get the parts if they don't work i can sell them
and the guys that will help out are the ones that dyno tune w/ other shops
i think i should try as long as every thing goes ok
be all out add!!
with proper tuning and know how with brain anything can happen

now im still talking it out with the garage ill let ya guys know what or how far ill go..

Last edited:
PINKS ALL OUT
oh did you guy's hear that pinks all out DID not film the woodburn drags for the speed channel
with it being full of more than 300 cars so it was a wast of time being there
ya i was there
nothing was taped
me!! i was pist
and the imports"
one got scamed cuz some guy sayed he broke in setup befor he ran again but fixed in 15 mins,, an axle so he said was not able to go on for finals after running great all though
now the other import did great but
rich said he wanted to do something diff.. at this track
( Floating Dial time ) we had to have 11.5 and under funny one car did 12. a truck and most did 9's and 10's still were there lol funny i know
now as we were there
oh wanna know some funny crap what the truck 12 sec was a diesel truck a dodge ram that ran shitty and still made to after finals after the 12. he ran the 10 ----2 times at the end but was all done befor hand cuz of the 12's didnt make it at 11.5 but they let it go............ ( like every one els that ran the same time ( but no he had moved on to the finals
the imports had the times there they ran 10's and under 11.5 but were out but 2--92to 95civics now this was befor the real what they say pinks we had to run for time trials for pinks one that ran a 10-mid and one ran a 11-low all day but were gone cuz of crap[ don't like imports!!!!
i guess
made me sick and any one with us looking at pinks all out new stuff that was not taped for speed....i guess were not as big as all the rest
for drags here northwest..
shit sucked and money spent i would have done better giving to a guy that sayed he can rule the earth
thats just my experience don't just take my word for it\
take the rest of it there..... lol

Last edited:
my car was in the first time trial but didn't get it faled 3 point on inspection w/ belt and holes not welded in floor and 4 in" from neck top belt was 1/2 " too short to go 11.s oh well,,
BUT let a buddy run my new slicks all through pinks all out
soooo they have 80-90% tread left lol
but was damn worth it beings i could not run..
and support the drags for IMPORT.

I guess here's a rumor on line for ya rich'''
but after months come on get over it,,
ya this was said over and over here at woodburn with as he was younger this was the best for fair for here i guess but not taped sooo iowa has weird crap from here so we had no idea what was going on for the new crap pinks all out than iowa messed up everyone ( but lets not tape this for pinks so we can see what try out!!! damn is all i gatta say..

Last edited:
Back