1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

man i just messaged you on cardomain and then realized you had a thread on here! vids are freaking sweet you got me soo jealous now. i think im kinda in a little to high of hopes for my goals though juding by yours. im guessing your running about 160 hp in a 1700 pound car right? and only pulling a 13.9? my goal was 200-250 hp in a sub 1500 pound car in the low 12's but i dont think im going to make it now. maybe a high 12. very impressive though!

but your last post is over a month ago, any thing changed?

no no ! bud it will do it" trust me with mine doing 13.9 it was doing miss fire and had crapy slicks i could still burn the slicks in 1st 2nd 3rd i had to start from 1200 rpm off the tree and still burnt off.
MAKE sure you you have great slicks cuz it will do it
i know mine will do 12's ( and make sure the front stays down mine still is being worked too much much lift on take off FRD

trust me it will do 12's 1/4 mile as long as the slicks grip and R/T is good with stiff springs in front and stiffer in back
right mow im doing paint POLOR white /w blue crystal pearle
then springs then the NHRA rollbar then the motor ls block vtec head stock displacement forged everything with mickey thomson ET slicks turbo t40e 25-30 psi, crome program ecu, exe..... .....and great fuel like NOS or pure jet fuel i ran 110 oct. w/ mix of toluene. i have ( no sponser just me my 5 yo kid and wife.

im ganna post this as well im 100 % with this car post and
im going for 8's 1/4 mile
won't stop tell its done!!!!

Last edited:
no no ! bud it will do it" trust me with mine doing 13.9 it was doing miss fire and had crapy slicks i could still burn the slicks in 1st 2nd 3rd i had to start from 1200 rpm off the tree and still burnt off.
MAKE sure you you have great slicks cuz it will do it
i know mine will do 12's ( and make sure the front stays down mine still is being worked too much much lift on take off FRD

trust me it will do 12's 1/4 mile as long as the slicks grip and R/T is good with stiff springs in front and stiffer in back
right mow im doing paint POLOR white /w blue crystal pearle
then springs then the NHRA rollbar then the motor ls block vtec head stock displacement forged everything with mickey thomson ET slicks turbo t40e 25-30 psi, crome program ecu, exe..... .....and great fuel like NOS or pure jet fuel i ran 110 oct. w/ mix of toluene. i have ( no sponser just me my 5 yo kid and wife.

im ganna post this as well im 100 % with this car post and
im going for 8's 1/4 mile
won't stop tell its done!!!!

wooo thank god! i didnt think my goal was that far fetched! glad it isnt. traction is the last of my worries, ill have a good set of slicks, good suspension, and ill be making a nice traction bar as well.

good luck on the 8's!!! some day i would like to own the fastest 1st gen civic. but thats a VERY long ways away if it ever happens. by the time that happens there probably wont be any fuel left to drive it lol. keep us updated man! i might have to run down to wood burn one day to watch this thing in action. do u ever make it up to PIR?

ya this summer ill be at PIR ill let ya know befor hand but ya ill be there this first time run all upgrade so you will see the new cvcc at PIR in summer the winter is all for tune and add on. i wanna be the first 2nd gen civic that hit the 8's 1/4 mile and im ganna do it at PIR import drags w/ my 5yo kid and wife and family -w/ friends need all the support i can get there even if it doesnt do it it will hit 9's but tryed huh !! you would be the first for support but ya ill do it
( If you want something bad enough you will get it -----if you didn't get it ---- well didn't try hard enough.
just learn what you need then add you idea!!!!!
learn from mine then make it better!!!
its about dreams.. get r done...

sweet by summer im hoping ill have mine down there racing too. we will have to run each other! even thou you'll prob walk me, im only aiming for mid to high 12's this summer. and every year after that i hope to take .5-1 second off my time. so it may take a while but hopfully someday ill be running those sub 10 runs.

2 northwest boys with the 2 fastest 1st and 2nd gen civics. ha. well keep in touch, i cant wait to see this thing in action!

ok guys i did it its painted in a shop with a guy i know thats pro i did work on a car he has but can't give out the place or name cuz had to sighn a paper to say i would not give it out sorry !! guys its white and blue crystal purl..2 stage clear 4 layers and looks shiny as hell
the pics i used the rizor 2.0 cell phone not the razor and he didn't know"""" lol so here
carpaint.jpg

carpaint1.jpg

carpaint5.jpg

carpaint7.jpg

Last edited:
ill have better pics soon after i pic up the car ive been busy as hell so you know''' i do have better pics ill add them soon but can't beat the pics of it being painted huh!!! lol had to
for ya all here.. and might get busted for it just don't tell anyone and just look at it thats it lol....

freakin teaser pics suck get that car back and post the real thing! lol

next thing on the list needs to be a turbo!

its about the people that painted it not the paint i guess, not a big deal on the paint but the people that did iti don't know why its a big deal for them might be cuz its free and used some new paint that came in that they had.
looks like white with pearle thats it.

Sounds sketchy, but whatever. As long as you're not breaking into a body shop late at night to paint your car.

Sounds sketchy, but whatever. As long as you're not breaking into a body shop late at night to paint your car.

who cares if he was, like the paint has a vin number to track it down lol, he will get away with it and walk off with a free paint job haha.

wanna paint mine next lol.

you guys are funny lol it was late when we painted it but all and all it looks great thats all i care about i get to take it back home tomarra and i do all the detail work cut & buff on it after that im ganna order the roll bar then get it tig welded
taxes again is going for the turbo kit and new and better slicks, im happyt i get it back againits been gone for a week
oh""" and at the shop they fucked up my batt.. i took the fuses out so they didnt start it and ram it in the wall
all that work for an idiot to dummie drive lol
but they put the charger on it " thinking " it was dead lol ( and they put the + & - backwords
sooooooo there goes the batt. lucky for me i took the fuses out !!!! i still have a starter -ECU and ALT.

Last edited:
ok here are some pics but ya cant see the blue pearle clear coat to the paint all you can see on the pics is the shine of white, thats it.
ill try for out side later after i get to the sring upgrade.
100_0992.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0990.jpg

sorry guys for the pause on the build but had crap with the comp ... still but doing great now oh """ and the cvcc has done a diff. -change of mind
im going drag cvcc had time to think and have a everyday driver so i think doing this after 13.9 w/ stock motor thoughts have become...
for this winter build for this summer at woodburn drags

roll bar
batt.. in back w/ box
turbo kit
rods/pis.
vtec-controller
chip-spoon
drag spool/ ya i know don't turn lol
5 point harness

and the great""" better slicks M/Ts or other don't know yet..

i did the set of the springs there stiffer in back and front..
and bumpers are on ill start the pics
for the build
like i sayed sorry guys crap i had to go through first us guys that have to work for what we have understand lol ..
taxes work great as well lol....

Back