Votes: 4 26.7%
  • headers? $50

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Intake manifold? $50

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Fuel Lines? $60

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a friend who built a 383 stroker in his camaro. It has less than 1k miles on it. ALL upgrades. cam,P&P, BBK throttle body,headers,valves,rocker assembly, all new forged bottom end EVERYTHING.

for sale cuz it couldnt haul the fat ass camaro fast enough. He got beat by a semi built 302 forxbody worth less than 3k.

interested? :LOL:

the motor is for sale? or the whole car? and the Trans Am I have is completely gutted. All it has right now is the door handles on the inside, the driver's seat, dash, and 8 track which will be taken out VERY CAREFULLY might I add when it is ready to take to the strip. I have no interior including the sound deadening crap, I don't have the hood scoop, brake louvers, rear spoiler, a/c condensor, power steering, right now the windows aren't even in the tracks but that will be changed soon enough. I am probably going to take out the center counsel as well I know it probably weighs like 1/2 a pound but still if I am gonna do it I may as well do it right.

<---In to watch. Good luck with it.

Id start with the bottom end. A high flowing top end is no good if theres no compression to pull the air into the motor.

Ah, but there are HUGE gains to be made in just the heads of these old engines.

just like any motor a head or heads is probably the best way to gain power. Think about how much power a b20 or ls puts out before and after swapping in a vtec head.

stupid question I didn't notice it before but the heads I want say they fit anything between 302-400....Would it still fit my 301 or no?

i wouldnt be surprised if the internals were junk judging by the amount of rust INSIDE the intake manifold.

TurboMirage: I'm glad you brought up the rust again. Noob question (and I don't mean to hijack) - What do you do/can be done for something like that?

(Just trying to learn and see if something like that is worth spending money/time on.)

Thanks!

Figure out how the water got there in the place, fix it, and make sure it cant get there in the future. Its definitly worth spending time and money on if you plan on ever runnin that particular motor again. If your just gunna scrap it, then it wouldnt matter.

the build has stalled due to no money. the rust inside the intake manifold is because the carb that I just replaced leaked BADLY. it leaked a retarded amount of gas, and let water in when the water got there. The intake manifold is being replace anyways as well as the heads hopefully soon after that. Before this car ever hits the road most if not all of this motor will have been replaced. I know the internals are still good as it started recently. before I pulled the old carb off. trust me this project has no set budget. I will replace every last part if I have to.

Got bored of not being able to work on the Trans Am so I started to pull the heads. I plan on replacing the head gaskets, and intake manifold gaskets as soon as I get paid next week. Next step: ARP headstuds. I am going to sand the stock valve covers down and repaint them and make them look halfway decent. I also plan on doing a minor port job on the heads, as well as port matching the new intake manifold when I end up getting it. I am hoping to push around 250-300 horses before I take a break on motor work to redo the suspension. Updates should come either later this week or the middle of next week, and they should be pretty big.
Soon to Come:
headstuds
head gasket
intake manifold gasket
intake manifold
starter
spark plug wires
headers
cat-back exhaust
new bf goodrich radial gt tires

Last edited:
Save your cash and Swap 454 or swap in an LS1 Then stick your middle finger out the window and wave at the "fox bodies" behind you thats what i do in my del sol lol.

and i saw a question about puting chevy heads on a pontiac block. i dont know about that, pontiac use to make their own engines and everything like the pontiac 400. i dont think you can put chevy heads on it.

How do you edit your posts on this forum instead of doing another post. And 383 stroker is sweet, but i would go big block on that bad boy if i were you. Nice TA by the way.

I got a friend who built a 383 stroker in his camaro. It has less than 1k miles on it. ALL upgrades. cam,P&P, BBK throttle body,headers,valves,rocker assembly, all new forged bottom end EVERYTHING.

for sale cuz it couldnt haul the fat ass camaro fast enough. He got beat by a semi built 302 forxbody worth less than 3k.

interested? :LOL:

"every upgrade" i dont understand why ppl say this, its not a video game. plus there is not SG on that list so thats not "every upgrade" anyways. and i doubt a 302 stang beat a 383 stroker. your friend must have had like 50 subs and 25 amps in that camaro. And chevy sold ford the 302 anyways. look at a pic of a69' camaro ss on the hood it says "302" if you dont believe me.

And chevy sold ford the 302 anyways. look at a pic of a69' camaro ss on the hood it says "302" if you dont believe me.

THE dumbest shit I have ever heard. The only thing the Chev and Ford 302's share is cubic inch displacement. And even then, its not the exact same.

Tip: Read the damn thread dates. And dont bump the same thread 5 times in 15 minutes, when no one else is postin in it.

Back