1983 Civic swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

83civic

I recently bought a 1983 civic hatch. Will a d series motor fit in it without any fab needed? If fab work is needed what all needs to be done to get it to fit?

yeah they do, but it takes a good bit of wiring and new fuel lines and such

you will need mounts, custom axles, custom fuel lines, custom exhaust,custom gauges,custom shift linkage,and custom wiring,custom fuel pump.and i may have forgot a few things lol

what needed to be done to the axles? I might take them to the shop next week

custom length your gona have to measure after you get the motor in, trust me mine is still not right bc we tried to do it without everything being ready to go, i have to take mine back to the axle shop monday

I read on another forum that a d series motor will fit without having to get custom axles. Is this true? It says the only thing needed would be motor mounts.

well if its true, i didnt know about it and i had to get custom axles made, do you have a link to where you read that

id like to see who ever that is back it up, that would have saved me a long time with fab work if its true

tell you the truth i dont know, lol, im thinking it was 150-300 im gona have to dig up my list

0502110134.jpg

0502110138.jpg

1983 honda civic 1500 5 speed dx

yeah they do, but it takes a good bit of wiring and new fuel lines and such
hey I have a 1983 honda civic 1500 dx runs good but i was wondering to get more hp what motor would drop right in there with the least amount of custom work?

any motor other than stock is gonna need some custom work, and actually the d series and b series are both gonna take about the same amount of work. so its all up to you.

custom

any motor other than stock is gonna need some custom work, and actually the d series and b series are both gonna take about the same amount of work. so its all up to you.
but would a b series be a easier swap than a d series or are they the same because i dont want to have to deal with custom axles and mounts that might be to much i just want to go fast ya know.

any motor will need custom mounts, and axles along with a few other things. so the d and b will take the same amount of work

any motor will need custom mounts, and axles along with a few other things. so the d and b will take the same amount of work
ok, you said you took yours out because of vibration, what do you mean? and you said it was like it was begging for gas what are the down sides of a motor swap besides cost. and if i am going to do a swap on a 83 civic 1500 dx 5 speed what would you do in my case?

Back