1983 MTV Commercial

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
Most of you youngins won't remember this commercial, but here's the audio from a 1983 MTV commercial that aired on local tv stations for MTV, featuring David Bowie, Pat Benatar and the Police! Back before MTV WAS the man, they were fighting the man. :)

...ok I don't remember it either... I was 2. :) Still cool though. :)

it wasn't so bad way back, they actually played new songs, the entire length of the songs, and didn't have screaming tenny boppers fucking going nuts of fuckasses

I WANT MY MTV!!!!!!

lol i remember that commercial. that was when MTV actually played music videos and not all this Real World and Road Ruls crap. i miss those good old days :(

Martha Quinn was teh hot.

That Adam dude had some pretty "on the edge" hair... My parents used to make fun of him.

Then my hair got to his length and general shape and they laughed at me.

Then it got longer. And longer. Then I got some cut and got a slammin 1988 rat's tail.

I was the shit.

-> Steve

anyone ever watch Remote Control on there?? lol that shit was hillarious! a couch potatoes game show...lopl

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 23 2004, 08:19 PM
Headbangers Ball... *THE* pinnacle of MTVdom.

\m/ >_< \m/

How right you are.

Remote control is where Colin Quinn got his start, and that Chick that was the showcase girl is now famous too (Shit.. what was her name?)

Ken Oden has gone nowhere. His on-screen lackeys prolly don't even remember him.

-> Steve

MTV died when they did "Yo! MTV Raps!" for 14 hours a day. They are also the goat-rapists that started that Logo in the lower corner bullshit that everyone picked up.

mtv=gay. all they play is c(RAP). and people flaunting all of their unnecessary bullshit on cribs makes me sick.

i hate MTV now its all about fucken The real world fucken drama, drama, drama, all those fucken rich college kid shows, every one of those pansie's where gay ass abercrombie and fitch clothes. what the fuck happened to music videos and music oriented shows , instead of music one hour out of the day. I remember "The Grind" allways some hot ass bitches on there.

the grind, i use to watch that show to get my daily dose of hotties :D

:worthy: I loved old school MTV... now I just watch Speed Channel and Cartoon Network. Oh yeah- some TechTV too.

<-- nerd

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Jan 25 2004, 04:48 PM
i hate MTV now its all about fucken The real world fucken drama, drama, drama, all those fucken rich college kid shows, every one of those pansie's where gay ass abercrombie and fitch clothes. what the fuck happened to music videos and music oriented shows , instead of music one hour out of the day. I remember "The Grind" allways some hot ass bitches on there.

i hate MTV now its all about fucken The real world fucken drama, drama, drama, all those fucken rich college kid shows, every one of those pansie's where gay ass abercrombie and fitch clothes.

True, MTV does suck big balls...the Real World sucks big balls...all the crappy reality shows on MTV suck big balls...but what's wrong with Abercrombie and Fitch...I'm not rich, and I wear that shit all the time. Stop hating on AF, they make nice stylish clothes!

Back