1984 Pontiac Fiero For Sale...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

I know there is a For Sale Forum, but this is for a co-worker who is local. I figured Steve might be interested... Something to possibly try and keep up with the big bad vega... :D

Like I said, I am listing this for a co-worker, figured maybe somebody would be lookin for a beater or AutoX car...

1984 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 SE
4 Cylinder
5 Speed
36,000 ORIGINAL MILES

Car has been stored in a barn for a number of years Car is in great shape overall but needs a little attention due to sitting for so long.

Needs Tires, due to cracks in sidewalls.

Clutch, throw-out bearing hanging up on shaft. Car runs great but idles poorly. Possibly vac. leak or carburator needs to be cleaned, fresh gas etc. Bought car to fix up for son but he wont get a job. Hate to se such a nice car sit any longer. $1800.00 or best offer.
Contact him at Ed_Powell@guntherintl.com

EDIT: Car is located in Rhode Island, near foxwoods.

Fieros apparently had TONS of engine options. Check em out. One type of Fiero had a quad throttle body carb setup, another had a Cosworth engine. (2M6 I think?). Some ran the 2.8 V6, there was a 1600 too. The 4 speeds are also important, there were lots of transmission options too.

Wikipedia pretty much has everything.

The Iron Duke was the replacement of the Vega motor that everyone knows and loves. In 1977 Pontiac tried to get away from the reputation of the vega with the Iron Duke (The indestructible engine) but at the same time Chevy released the redesigned engine for the Vega (Which I have) that cured the sleeve issues. After that GM decided the Iron Duke was a better design in the head (Cross-flow) and adopted it.

Since then Cosworth decided they were onto something good, and they too designed a head that fits the Iron Duke. The result is something like the DB or something close to that. It's about 10 hp shy of the EAA in both street and formula configs. But most of the Formula 2000 Cosworths are iron dukes (Something I learned about recently)

Basically, I wish I could buy this Fiero. How sweet would a 2M4 Cosworth be ?

Shopping for a house, have 2 projects on the bench now. Can't.

This car will need a complete refreshing. Basically what I'm doing to the Vega right now, and it's not fun.

If I had my garage built... I would have bought this without posting...

Fiero + LT1 FTMFW!!

Would be KILLER at the AutoX too!

Back