1985 Civic Hatchback...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

I can get an 85 Civic hatchback for dirty cheap tonight. Blue 4-speed maual transmission. I just have to replace one of the axles and two of the tires, but it runs. Adult owned and driven. It has 150K miles on it and is up to date on its timing belt and has a new battery. Are this good to build up or is the engine bay too small to work with?

If the body is solid, I might just buy it and fix it it up and sell it as a cheapo student car. With the 7, there is all winter to research, make plans and gather parts for it. I don't think that it's going to cost that much money to make it go faster. It's all relative though.

no student wants an 85 civic. lol

pass that up. you've already got 6. do you really need 7?

unless its for tryign to turn a profit (which is doubtful on happeneing) id say skip it

Who is the hell needs 6 cars? Who is the hell would buy an 85 Civic? :p

Just say no Martine, you have an addiction. Admittance is the first step.

Well the only car I really need to get is another '79 Civic hatch to play with. I really miss my old one. lol. I get to see this 85 hatch in about an hour. I'm just curious about them as I skipped directly from a '79 to a '94 hatch. And the seller was interesting to talk to as he is working on some side European automotive import business.

i need 6 cars, hell i need 12 cars.

out of all the cars i need though, an 85 civic is nowhere close to that list :p

Actually I could see the 85 being a real winter/city beater car for me. There is so much salt on the roads right now and I don't like parking any of my cars in Boston at night.

sure...rot away another old classic honda...but it's up in Boston..so it's prolly already rotted..

And I'm sure you really have full registrations and insurance on all 6 cars...

At least I have all my cars fully covered, and registered, and I have parking for them....but, I have to drop the AE86's registration real soon, due to immisions and a lack of a spare motor...but ohh well...it's litterally already sold, as soon as it moves under its own power again...

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 22 2004, 07:31 PM
And I'm sure you really have full registrations and insurance on all 6 cars...
[post=436090]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF is up with you? And what's with posting that ad anyways? All my cars are titled and three are currently registered and insured. Only one has winter salt on it. And at least all of my cars run. None leak fluids like your Jeep. And none have sand living in the block like your AE86 does. <_<

None leak fluids like your Jeep. And none have sand living in the block like your AE86 does.

Jeep only don't leak...

And what sand...?

you have no idea about whats in there....do you actually think I would blast the engine with out taping up the important oil ports and other shit....

You, my dear...need to get a life....and step far away from the internet.....and Hondaswap...stop hounding us, and just leave....if you can't feel that your not welcome here...and you can't figuare out that no-one cares about you or your posts....then we will just tell you...leave please...erase your account, don't post here, and stop being that one anonomus lurker all day...see ya.

/puts Martine back on ignore list....

Seriously, fuck all that HondaSwopera bullshit. Clayton, Martine, go to your rooms!

I passed on it tonight... though I think that he might offer it to me tomorrow for free if no one else wants it. lol. It's not a bad little beater car. If anyone here wants it, go for it. The seller was a very very cool guy to talk to. He writes for the Wall Street Journal and co-wrote two of the chapters in a book called "The Cola Wars".

EG hatch>>>>>> 79 civic hatch>>>>> 85 civic hatch

I still miss my 79 hatch. :(

so why the fuck does he have a 85 civic thats rotted and selling it for a few hundred bucks?? to be honest, why would you want a car thats only going to cost you more money and get little to no use out of? doesnt make sense to me.

The seller lives in Harvard Square in Cambridge. It's very densely populated and there is great public transportation available. He has another car, some Jetta. This hatch used to belong to his sister. On the same block that he lives, there were two nice EF hatches and and EG hatch. That 85 hatch would be an okay car for a city person. This guy even used to drive it down to NYC to visit his friends. As to his finances, he lives in a very expensive apartment building as it's next to Harvard U. Not everyone who has money wastes it on expensive cars and a flashy lifestyle, smart people keep their money growing in investments and such. And if nfn and I ever come up with something cool to market in a big way, he knows money people.

Anyway.... too bad that for $75 it's not a 79 hatch or an 84 crx or an EF hatch. *shrug*

Back