1985 Dodge Omni GLH ~ It's interesting(most wouldn't see it coming)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moparfwdsleeper

I'm here to lurk!
I'm here learning, figured i'd share my passion in this big community of car's. I'm a car guy, don't care who makes it, import or not(some of my favotires are imports ~ Supra, Silva, Civic Type R, NSX, the list could go on). I thought maybe there is a few more here like me who don't judge by what you drive but how you fit into the car culture. Remarks, positive or negative, are more then welcomed. Have an idea you'd like to maybe see on it? Ask I may just like the idea to try it...

My Blue Demon...
IMG_0123.jpg

Going Turbo... 2.5(153cid) SOHC 8V engine. Think of the 2.5 as a factory stroker. The setup for now is pretty stock, I just want it to move again. Ported Intake and Exhaust manifolds, bigger throttle body, upgraded turbo(From a Mitsu 13c to a Garrett T03), RFL BOV, Turbo X MBC, Fidanza Adj. cam sprocket, balance shafts removed(should be a 10HP gain), I will do more if I keep it(wanting to sale it). The transmission is an 3speed automatic with a reverse manual valve body(guess that takes the automatic part out of it). NAN torque converter, 2.5" exhaust(turbo back) with a Dynomax ST muffler. The car was setup for autocrossing, but I think the lil thing wants to also go straight and have a chance in winning.... PICS!
Photo0012.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Leather power(driver) seats, i even added a sunroof.
IMG_0139.jpg

I'll have more later on.

Tear it apart:)

I like the car. That is one of the only 80's dodges I would drive. Did they make them in 2 door?

I like the car. That is one of the only 80's dodges I would drive. Did they make them in 2 door?

The Omni GLH was a 4door only, these are referred to as L-bodies, they did make a few 2door l-body cars(Charger, Turismo, Rampage and a few others)

man if you was in alabama you could sell it fast, love the glh, and even more the glhs

I was at a meet today and some guy had a built turbo Caravan. He wouldnt say how much it was making or what it would run in the 1/4 but it was still pretty cool.

i has 2 GLHS great little cars , terrible factory computers , cpu would give up and die after long periods of very high speed driving i went through about 6(cpu's) before going to a stand alone system . other than that great car

i has 2 GLHS great little cars , terrible factory computers , cpu would give up and die after long periods of very high speed driving i went through about 6(cpu's) before going to a stand alone system . other than that great car

that is why mine has 89 electronics and not the 85/86:p

finding 89 electronics in 89 might have been hard since i had mine when i was in high school in 89 . good for you anyway they are great cars . to bad about the auto

i wanted an auto(GLH's are all 5speed from the factory, still have the clutch pedal to prove it) for the strip(more consistent times).

No I stay away from the L-body drivetrains if possible. The engine is from a '90 Shadow and the transmission is from an '87 model. Electronics came from a '89 Caravan(turbo of course).

Random pics... Still have some work to do and more $$ to spend
IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

I have owned a 2.5 swaped horizon and currently own a 2.5 spirit. I love a fwd car that creates no torque steer.

There is nothing wrong with L-body drivetrains.... (I own a carbed rampage).

I really do want an omni...but alas...no money.

Kinda wanna build an integra too....and then some older cars...

omg I need to win the lottery

eeewww auto.

:)No missed shifts, consistent times, no worry of shifter cable bushings, there are a few more perks... This wasn't built for street or straight line racing, but autocrossing. Im trying to sale it, just have to get it going again(this time with a built transmission and a turbo engine). Once it's gone i'm looking into one of these:

93 honda project - It's murdered out!!!
1995 honda CIVIC -all stock and well maintained High mileage, but clean
1992 Acura Integra

Or skip all FWD cars and get another RWD(nothing to hot rod...)
1981 chevy malibu

Last edited:
Carroll Shelby is the man. Used to have a Lebaron Turbo 1 convertible. Try Allpar.com. Go rabbit eater.

Carroll Shelby is the man. Used to have a Lebaron Turbo 1 convertible. Try Allpar.com. Go rabbit eater.

I have one of his cars too, '87 Shelby CSX #674 of 750 made:), Its on the restore list:D

AllPar.com isnt what it should be. That is why I stick with...

www.turbododge.com - forum for TDs
www.turbomopar.com - information site, new ownership also
www.thedodgegarage.com - another information site

there are more, just dont want to fo down the list lol

Back