1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 Civic Engine Swap

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by Super, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Super

Super New Member

I just acquired a 1986 Honda Civic with a 5spd tranny, I dont know what kind of engine is currently in it, I'm almost 100% positive its stock, but its small and not the strongest out there. I wanted to know what my options were in terms of an engine swap... I'm very unfamiliar with foreign (honda's) since i work with OLD ford's, chevy's etc. Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

3. Super

Super New Member

Awesome, I'm reading up on that right now... Any chance that you could also tell me where the horn is located? Everytime I put the fuse in for the horn and backup lights, the horn engages, so I have to leave the 15a fuse out. I thought it was a crossed wire or the horn switch is stuck closed.

4. 86civic

86civic 86 civic B16 on its way!

hi mate i am also currently doing a swap on an 86 civic ( there issome pics in the hybrid forum) i have encountered quite a few problems so far! firstly i started with a 1.3 carb engine so i have had lot of fun with the wiring which i am still in te middle of, also i found out the i needed the hasport convo axles so i bought them and found out they wont fit my hubs and need not only a 90 93 integra mid shaft, but also the hubs from an 86 87 integra. (niether car seems to exist here in he uk!) frustrating! i wasnt really bothered about modifying the fuel tank and lines to accomodate fuel injection as i had decided from the start it was going to be stripped out so i hve removed the under car tank and fitted a 20 ltr tank in the boot with high pressure braided lines running through the car. hope that gives you a bit of an idea of how much fun im having!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted