1986 Honda Accord Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Evilist

Hey, I have a problem with my Honda Accord its a B20A with a auto gearbox, now the problem is when i drive uphill, or put my foot down the car doesnt wanna go like it just stays on low revs and it doesnt go it loses all its power, and the oil light is going eventho there is enough oil in the car.

Since when did Honda put out an automatic Si-model Accord in 1986? No, wait, scratch that...when did Honda put out an Si Accord...ever?

i know of a lxi and sei :shrug2:

Yep, those were the premium Accord models from 86-89. I don't think there's ever been an Si Accord in the US. I know there's an SiR in Japan, but hell, to my knowledge, they never did just an Si overseas either...

lol its an Si, i don't know if someone did a conversion on the car b4 i bought it but its an Si but can someone just give me advice i don't care when the car was made or what model its suppose to be lol. I don't normally drive Hondas i usually drive Mazdas and most of them are manual so if someone could just help me out here.

here is a picture to help you out its a 2.0Si
img0571ej3.jpg

img0572yj2.jpg

Last edited:
si badges dont count lol, but it sound like the tranny is not kicking down to a lower gear

I got it checked out at work today if it gets worse I'm just gonna get a Manual gearbox, I like this car lol drives very smooth fun to drive this xD

I found what the oil problem was, i changed the oil and oil filter but there wasn't enough oil pressure. The oil filter was leaking coz of its seal around it.

Honda put out a 3g Si... overseas. It did indeed have a B20 engine. He's from NZ, so it adds up properly.

Either that or someone rebadged it with 2.0si prelude badges. :ph34r:

Its a 2.0Si Accord there wont be parts available if it wasn't the original car, I have had this car for nearly 5 years now previously owned by my parents lol. The car even has a little booklet etc etc.

Does the oil light blink or just stay on? If you fixed the oil level to full is the light off? It could be the oil pump going out if the light stays on. I thought the tag came off of the Prelude but he is in New Zealand. I used to see EX badges on LX/DX models all the times at auctions I would go to buy cars at. Those damn tricky dealers!

Back