1987-88 D15 transmission bolt pattern?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Elwood

Hello I am new here, not new to hondas but I am having some trouble finding out some info. I have a 1987 D15 EW. do any of the later model, 1988 and up have the same transmission bolt pattern?
If not, will a 1988+ 16 valve D15 head fit the 1987 block?
I have an "off road" vehicle that uses the 1987 engine with dual Mikuni carbs, and since parts are getting harder to find, I wanted to upgrade, perhaps a little more power too, but it has a very purpose built transmission drive that bolts to that engine, so I have to use the same gearbox.
Thanks for any info.---- Scott

Let me know if you get tired of the dual carb set up. (with head)
I've got some Old school projects going on...

E

I have a 1987 D15 EW. do any of the later model, 1988 and up have the same transmission bolt pattern?
no, they don't - not even close - here are some pictures showing the 87 transmission and how it relates to the 88 and up block

1gCRXtransonD15B1-1.jpg

1gCRXtransonD15B2-1.jpg

1gCRXtransonD15B3-1.jpg

1gCRXtransonD15B4-1.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the info..I know this is an old thread, but I have not been able to work on my project for a while.. thanks for the info..

By the way how hard is it to convert a 1985 crx automatic to a 5 speed,? stock engine and tranny. I have a crx 5 speed, but the one that is an auto kinda sux, 5 speed is more fun.

My "offroad" project is an aircraft using the d-15ew engine. Firewall Forward Aero Engines - Our Products

Thanks again.

Back