1987 CBR Hurricane

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
too much for a 600

my opinion

Hurricanes are a bit of a collector bike as far as CBR's are concerned. I had one, it was a great beginner's bike. All I did was put gas in it and changed the oil, and it was great. 50+ mpg, quick, fun. Not NEARLY as fun as my r6 was, but that is to be expected.

EDIT: I looked at the auction, that looks to be in really good shape. If the tabs on the plastics are all good, I would go for it, all it's missing are the engine access covers, and those are easy to find. I say go for it. You'll love it.

yea, i like the flat black too

seems to be REALLY low mileage for its age...
almost too low actually

anyone know what these weigh?

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_cbr_600_f_1987.php

85 HP

443 lbs

By 1987 the Hurricane 600 was on the scene, which eclipsed the Ninja in all chasis related area's. In 1987, power was 76bhp@10500rpm, with torque of 38.3@9000rpm. Wet weight was 482lb's.
sounds like a much better bike than my 86 ninja 600
old ninjas suck. Me and my buddy are replacing the rings on his 86 zx600. It is a lame engine. My cbr was way nicer.

$1200 is really max price I would pay for one. There is this guy with one with 14,000 miles on it, and he won't budge under $1200 - he hasn't sold it in the years that it's been in front of his house.

1200 is really max price I would pay for one. There is this guy with one with 14,000 miles on it, and he won't budge under $1200 - he hasn't sold it in the years that it's been in front of his house.

did you get rid of that ninja yet?

HAHAHAH Yeah... so to say. I got $900 for the frame and engine. The plastics and rest of the gear are for sale in pieces. PM me with any requests.

Who woulda thunk.. this bike is like a Jaguar: Worth WAY more in pieces than whole.

isn't that the way most cars are? assuming you can find buyers for all the pices that is
you give them the title with the frame and motor?
is so i'd say they got a good deal

1500 for a old hurricane is way to much, if you want a hurricane I know a guy out here that has one for 500

1500 for a old hurricane is way to much, if you want a hurricane I know a guy out here that has one for 500
damn, thats the kinda deal i'm looking for...
except you're on the other side of the country
lol

is it a 600 or 1000?

Damn, that's cheap. I'll be in Nebraska hunting in November, but that's still not close enough.

i bought my dad's old 79 yamaha seca 750 for 1K last year.

before you say its too much -

besides a gas tank, and a clutch, the bike was mint and looked/rode brand new.

right now it has almost 45K miles on it.

i'm probably going to ride it to work tomorrow.

Back