1987 chrysler lebaron. Sleeper much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am as well, more familar with turbos. Which is probably why superchargers intrigue me. I would love to supercharge my civic. Its not something you see everyday. I have already talked and thought hard about turboing my Trans Am as well. So we will see. Maybe soon I will have a supercharged civic and a turbo trans am. That would be sweet. If you do wanna push more power with that car I would suggest boost controller. I think those te04h turbo's they use only push like 7 psi.

I did have a grainger valve but then while loosening it to turn it down (set it too high) i loosened it too much and it came apart, and I lost the check ball. So now i need a new ball.

If I remember correctly, the Te04h can boost up to 25 psi, but anything more would require wastegate modification. They're really not that great of a turbo though. It's better to get a garrett T03 or a T3/T4.
Luckily for me however, My car's an 87. They didn't start putting the Te04h in cars until 1988. I have a Garrett T03 :)

As for my progress, i'm currently working on getting the wiring harness out so i can put the new one in. I'm going to run a dodge caravan turbo computer

Thats interesting. I don't know anything about dodges. Hopefully that goes well for you. I actually bought a Te04h turbo to build a kit for my civic but ended up just selling the turbo when I realized it would be so much easier to find replacement turbos, and other parts of the kit if I went with a dsm or t3 turbo.

One good thing about the Te04h is that they're not exactly rare, and can be had for quite cheap as opposed to other turbos.

As for my project, I'm really hoping I can get it back on the road by the middle of october. Tlhey do Turbopalooza every year and i'd like to come beat my old times.

That is true. We have a pull and save out here that sells turbo's and superchargers for $16 plus tax. I was planning for a long time and still do at some point plan on building a t25 based kit with parts from that yard in particular. They are so cheap I could just about put together a kit for my civic for around $300 ish not tuned.

My friend and I are pulling the engine tomorrow to replace the clutch. Should have it running by sunday. Just needs the turbo modified, new clutch, wiring harness and computer installed, head put back on, vac lines routed, sensors hooked up, timing set, oil and coolant filled, and it's good to go :thumbsup:

well. Plans didn't work out. FWDperformance sent the wrong clutch. So i couldn't put the motor back in. It's all good though. Flywheel needs turned. Freeze plugs need replaced, and it needs a new rear main seal. All the better to do it now i think, while my engine's just sitting in the garage.

Back