1987 CRX Si for sale (CT)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

This is an ad for my CRX Si. This is the one that Chris bought, and I bought back from him when he got the Mirage.

Check out his thread for pics now, I'll post pics later when I've got some time.

Either way, you all know the car - and it does run but I haven't the time to diagnose this motor issue. It gets hot, and in the past 3000 miles has cooked 3 head gaskets.

The head is 3 angle, Chikara header, KYB struts mint body and interior and the car has very little rust (The floorboards are starting to get rusty)

I'll also take trades. $1500, in Connecticut. It'll drive very well right now, but it overheats after 3 or so miles.

As my schedule frees up - I'll be fixing it again. But here is your chance to get into the car for very cheap. You're better off replacing the motor, I feel, than fixing it. Chris and I did quite a bit to it and still no go. It also eats distributors like candy.

But the car gets ~45 mpg, is fast as hell and very clean. Supertrapp no longer there, but I'm taking a ride up the highway today to see where Chris spit it out :)

-> Steve

thinks about what that car would do with my built engine in it....

lol. bump for ya. clean first gen

yea guys... crazy stuff. i sunk about 500 bucks in parts into the car pretty much for nothing :cry: i say eff that motor and swap in an older teg motor or find a different block with lower miles to toss that head on. itsa... very niiiice inside.

what really gets me is it still has PEEFECT COMPRESSION.

crx@home.JPG

its ALOT cleaner now than in this current picture.

basically it has/had new with only ~220 miles on everything listed except the tires

timing belt
water pump
head studs
headgasket
spark plugs
few new vac hoses and coolant/oil lines
almost new stock radiator
radiator hoses
thermostat
duralast battery
80% tread yokohama as430's on front
45% tread sumimotos on rear

the SSC wheels arent included in the package, though. when i see steve next he can have the other two CRX wheels since they still reside on the NX. steve, swap the tires over and give me just the two rims :wink: so i can order 2 more advans for a complete set.

ultimately, i feel the car needs nothing but a block. as-was the car is much faster than my mirage and outpaces sabrina's 240sx with light mods.

steve, add reckedracing's block and ask 2K :mrgreen:

Well I'm going to start the motor build for now. I've got the RPR block and support gear - I need a hone and new rings and I'm set. It puts off the Civic build though.

Anyone know if a D15 block fits the EW head ? :)

none of them unfortunately :cry:

you can check RPR to confirm.

my dads jeep has the same problem, still does.. if you figure out whats wrong without putting a new engine in, give me a hollar cause i got the sameeeee problem in the 4.0

Get the block decked? Maybe HG lift when it gets hot? air has to be entering the system in order for it to boil.
Maybe a cracked block?

Too bad Chris, I wanted you to roll a honduh again.

well....

Overheating could be caused by a list of possibilities...anything from an injector being clogged to a faulty O2 sensor. When I had my CRX as a stock car, it was over heating due to a slightly blown headgasket, so when I did the headgasket, I spent a little time and ported the head, and then slapped it back on, I bought a header, and made a fuel pressure regulator, replaced the rad, and the thermostat, went farther with the build, and played around with some integra injectors. After it was set up, the fuel pressure and the sweet spot for hp found on a dyno...it made 107 crank hp. The temp gauge never moved after that build, and was setup good...but the rings were shot...they had over 217,000 miles on them....so I played around with a turbo, and a half rad...and it was still tuned good enough that the temp guage never moved 2-3mm over the cold line. Steve and Chris can verify that. Then the fuel pump gave out on me while we were playing on a road one night...and the car bearly limped home..then it was parked...and I haven't touched it since. 9-10psi killed the engine at 219,000 miles...ohh well. I'll be getting back to it very soon.

If somebody wants it, they will have to do a few things to get it...but I have a peppy little engine in the civic that I also have, they just have to come to my house and remove it...and that engine is theirs....it has 166,000 miles on it and was running mint until I took it on a track, hit a long sweeping corner, while I was running low on oil. it still runs, but smokes like crazy...and all it needs is a honejob, rings, and some crankshaft bearings....slap it back together, and it would make a decent bottom end to go perfect with Steve's car. It's a good block, and with steves head on it, then your golden....and all you'll lose is an afternoon, and some sweat. I'll have to keep the head, incase my head on the CRX is fubar, but the intake, injectors, and a few other parts I have, I'll give away as well....I'm about 30 minutes from Steves house, and I have all the tools and equipment to pull the motor, and even clean it up a little.

That's if the buyer of this car wants it. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
my dads jeep has the same problem, still does.. if you figure out whats wrong without putting a new engine in, give me a hollar cause i got the sameeeee problem in the 4.0

Totally different. You can't keep a 4.0 Jeep motor cool. They have, without a doubt, the shittiest cooling systems EVER. Which is odd, because they have huge, free-flowing radiators and water paths. Just they always overheat and they truly suck.

As far as the CRX Steve, lemme know and if you want you're welcome to check it out.

dangit, freaking east coast steal of the century.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Totally different. You can't keep a 4.0 Jeep motor cool. They have, without a doubt, the shittiest cooling systems EVER. Which is odd, because they have huge, free-flowing radiators and water paths. Just they always overheat and they truly suck.

As far as the CRX Steve, lemme know and if you want you're welcome to check it out.

impossible. he still hasn't told anyone where he lives. :p

Back