1987 crx with a b16 in it question about fuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

87B16CRX

I am finishin up my swap now which is a b16 in a 87 crx...the old engine was a 1.5L carbuerated Pieceof shit honda engine....since im switchin to fuel injected am i goin to have to change the fuelsystem if so what am i goin to need am i just goin to have to add a fuel pump or what thanks in advance

you'll probably need a fuel injected gas tank and pump. Then you'll have to get the entire harness and do MPFI wiring, Vtec wiring and a whole crap load more that I can't think of right now. The easiest way out is to carbeurate the B16 with a stand alone fuel management. But that's expensive so..... keep asking Q's about this.

To convert to fuel injection you should start by using parts from a CRX Si the same year as yours and then go from there. Therfore I would get the entire engine wiring harness, gas tank and lines. Either buy new lines from Honda or make your own. Now I'm not sure if the Hasport wiring harness will address all of your wiring needs though. They take your stock harness and convert it for you so I'm assuming they would addres everthing but I guess you have to get into contact with them for that part. The whole thing could be pretty painful since you've got two major projects on your hands. Also the older CRX runs at a lower fuel pressure so you will have to address this with a Fuel pressure riser of some sort. I forget wht the proper pressure is supposed to be right now but I'm sure someone else can chime in with what I missed.

the Hasport website states that their harness does not address VSS or VTEC - those items have to be dealt with seperately

Back