1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1987 Si Accord Engines

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Bmacker00, May 30, 2004.

1. Bmacker00

Bmacker00 Junior Member

Hey all.. Well i got a 87 accord Si.. and i wanna know what engines i can put in.. i would like something vtec... i wanna put a turbo on it aswell.. so can u guyz please give me some ideas on engines and best fit.

Cheers1 :)

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

You are somewhat limited without a mount kit. There is a site for third gens somewhere. www.3g.com? Not sure. I believe you are pretty much stuck with a stock engine. Nothing else will bolt up without modifications.

Anything can be done with enough money, but that car would probably be a money pit, and not worth the trouble IMO.

3. Bmacker00

Bmacker00 Junior Member

Yeh.. money not really an issue love the car and model want something with my HP whats the best for it!!

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

If money is not an issue, you have several choices.

Given the size of your car, a B series would probably be best suited to your needs.

B16, B18, B20 VTEC. Each has a great aftermarket following, and could easily be built for boost. Once again, $$$$$.

You will have a lot of wiring to deal with, and mounting issues. Your choice.

An H22 is badass, but has less aftermarket support, weighs more, and has larger dimensions. This is why I mentioned the others.

On a low budget, you could boost your engine, or boost a d-series, or whatever. Your stock engine sucks donkey nuts on a stick.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted