1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1988 Accord - What Motorswaps Can I Do-

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by circutorg, Jan 25, 2003.

1. circutorg

circutorg Junior Member

I am looking for a cheap car, currently I have my eye on an 1988 Accord with only 130k. It is rusted pretty good, but thats not worring me. Its a manual. I was woundering what kind of swaps I could do to it, after the motor goes. For $200 for the car, its going to see some fun "rallicording" :D with the high revving and playing w/ stuff on the car I am sure it will not last normal 200k+ So i was woundering if i could do any other swaps?

Thanks
    Josh

2. cantdrive55

cantdrive55 Junior Member

Check out this sight for all you need to know about 3rd Gen Accords. By the way, you may want to look around, I've seen many cheap ones without rust. If you get one I'd recommend the LXI, better power, fuel injected.

3geez.com

3. circutorg

circutorg Junior Member

cantdrive55, thx check out seen i can do a b18c5 :-D but ya, i will check around for a little less rust like u say, but its gotta keep the cheap $200 budget tho...

4. OldSchoolSwap

OldSchoolSwap Senior Member

Get an 88-89 LX-i or Se-i. Thats if you want to do the swap, or you'll end up doing the Carb to EFI converstion, witch SUCKS!!!

Anyhow, feel free to cruise my site http://vtecnos.tripod.com . I did the B16 swap twice now.

Lates...

5. Flasher702

Flasher702 Junior Member

What's involved in putting a fuel-injected engine into an accord that had a carbed engine that sucks so much?

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Complete new fuel system set up for high pressure, wiring for ECU and injection, sensors sensors sensors. Have fun.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted