1988 b18c type r wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadscrx

I recently bought a 1988 crx from someone that was in the middle of a swap. The motor and trans are in, but the wiring isn't finished. the ecu is obd1 from what I can tell. The motor is a jdm b18c odb2. I don't really understand what to do next. if i understood where he was going i fill like i could get this thing running. if any one could help me or if there is a better way. that would be awesome. thanks so much. ill attach photos.

Attachments

• wires.JPG
    wires.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 357
  • wires1.JPG
    wires1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 365
  • wires2.JPG
    wires2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 402
  • wires3.JPG
    wires3.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 344
jeez... he hacked that whole thing to pieces.

I'm afraid you bought a mess... it's basically impossible for us to say what he did... if it's above what you are capable of doing with tracing wires from sensor to pin out, you might need to have a shop fix it, and I won't be cheap.

Yes they would be able to create a harness for your chassis and motor. I would call and find out if they have one in stock or not. They can be kinda slow but it's quality work (from the few I've seen)

The picture looks to be a one piece harness (for the basic tucked harness). Not sure if it's how they all are or just a sample picture.

Before you call....know the ECU, Distributor and Alternator you're gonna be running. That way they send you the right plugs, so it's literally plug n play.

I have another question. id like to share more about my car, and I'm sure i will have more questions in the future. is it better to do a different thread for every question or anything id lie to share, or would it be better to just start one thread and put everything under it for that car?

Up to you...

you'll probably get a better response in a new thread with a topic titled to match...
but a lot of folks also document their build process with a build thread.

There's nothing stopping you from doing both :)

Back