1988 Crx Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tommyboy2986

Hey Guys,

I am getting a completely stock 1988 Honda Crx HF with 105k miles for only $1.2k. I only have about 3,000 so that leaves me with about 1800 to modify the car. I know i could get a first generation b16 complete swap for 1350 and could possibly get it installed for what money i would have left. I am just wondering if that is really the way i should go. I love in a rich community where some 16year olds drive there BMW M3's, and Lexus SC430's to school. I want a car that may not look nice on the outside, but when you race me all you would see where my stock taillights. Should i just save some more money and go for the more power full 2nd generation b16a, or even possibly a b18a, or should i save and go jsut all out on a b18c. SInce my uncle owns a muffler company in Indiana hes going to hook me up with a complete exhaust system of what ever type i want, and he can get me cheap cold air and headers. Which of the motors has the most potential for the least amount of money?

go with a b16a. you'll be faster than most cars on the road with that setup. turbo on a 4th gen is too complicated and not worth the money spent.

What turbos, new or used would work on the b16, and how much hp could i expect out of them?

that's way to open and general... it all depends on the turbo itself, how much you have it turned, how much your engine can handle, etc.....

i=ImportReview

go there, they'll have some dynos and shit so you can get a general idea of what you could be workin with.

Back