1988 honda crx DX project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I found a b18c5 at a local junkyard for $700 its going to need to be gine through and rebuilt though...but hey I think its a deal. Now if I can just magically come up with about $300 more before someone steals it out from under me....=/

Head over the mountain to NC. Plenty of turbo-D's around here.

You can still swap a OBD1 engine into a OBD0 car ;)

I stay stick with your motor. go with a mini me., and swap in a manual tranny, throw a turbo and build the motor.

rofl not when my brakes are bad, my e-brake is broken, tires are unbalanced, bad fuel pump, and my transmission is slipping.....:D I went to KY about a month ago and almost got stuck their.....I'm pretty much locally bound for awhile...

Wow! You really have a lot that needs to be fixed!

The worst I had was a blown tire when I was about 120mile from home. Luckily I had two spare tires in the rear and got them swapped out at Pepboys for ~$20 total the next day :)

Do you think my problems are bad? Here I'll list them:

1.Coolant leak
2.Oil leak
3.erratic idle
4.IAT sensor throwing code, but it's a known-good sensor that's getting voltage
5.IACV same as IAT
6.hood/front bumper/left headlights misaligned and front frame slightly bent
7.ignition wire for stereo system doesn't work
8.needs new right headlight and corner light bulbs
9.vtec not wired
10. too many more to list

LOL

lol well if were naming off everything.....
need a passenger side door glass
have to realign the hatch...I shifted it off center with my sub...
need a passenger side window crank
completely new suspension
one of my motor mounts is cracked and rattles
needs a new control idle valve
needs new wheels and tires

yea...I believe thats about it

hmmm how bout this list:
d16y7 threw a rod...
due to a broken valve cover bolt that leaks oil
d16y8 has cracked intake manifold
power steering fluid leak
stripped down pipe bolts
broken rear motor mount
gauges don't light up
shift knob falls off randomly when driving
no passenger side window crank
driver side rear door sticks
rear bumper dented and cracked
front bumper misaligned due to.....
being ripped off and reinstalled by someone who thought it was a good idea to use a leather strap, a pair of ear phones, and a shoe lace to keep it tied up. (reinstalled bumper with screws, but still misaligned)
all cars have problems...you have to look at the bright side of things: my y7 threw a rod so it gave me the motivation to buy and swap in the y8, the intake manifold on the y8 is cracked so it motivated me to buy a skunk2 manifold, and my down pipe bolts are stripped so it motivated me to buy headers, and my bumpers are messed up so soon enough a body kit will be coming...

lol eh I'm really not worried about it, I know it will be fixed eventually as long as it can get me from point to point for now thats all I need out of it.

eBay Motors: 88-91 HONDA CIVIC CRX RACING COILOVER SPRING JDM (BLUE) (item 150209602218 end time Jan-27-08 03:39:03 PST)
I found those on ebay, but due to getting screwed over on these sorts of things I'm reluctant to purchase things like this on their, my question to you guys is, does anyone know if these are any good or not? I mean I'm not looking for something extravagant but I don't want something thats a piece of shit and will bend or bow on me.
so any opinions?:ph34r:

fixed my idle problem today, it finally runs normally,next fix is the fuel pump which will be about a $200 fix so I gotta wait until I hear something from an employer before I do anything on that...:(

eBay Motors: 88-91 HONDA CIVIC CRX RACING COILOVER SPRING JDM (BLUE) (item 150209602218 end time Jan-27-08 03:39:03 PST)
I found those on ebay, but due to getting screwed over on these sorts of things I'm reluctant to purchase things like this on their, my question to you guys is, does anyone know if these are any good or not? I mean I'm not looking for something extravagant but I don't want something thats a piece of shit and will bend or bow on me.

You get what you pay for. Do you actually think that some springs that cost $10 are going to be any good? When building a car you should get nice reliable well known parts especially for your suspension. Go with tokico or another good brand.

ok so my idle started back up on me it goes to about 1600-1700 and sputters down to 1500 and repeats every few seconds, I cleaned out the AICV and drained the coolant, could this be my timing belt?

wow the car is a project,but atleast you didnt start out too bad...
if i was you id get an ls(b18a1) from a 90 integra(obd-0) and do a low compression build,P&P the head,do a nice turbo setup,upgrade fuel system,and youll be set.....
dont get those springs get the tein springs you will be much happier.....
and is that a da center console???
as for your idxle problem it could be a number of problems..im still trying to figure out my idle problem

yea I'm still researching things, like I have said hundreds of times I know nothing about this stuff so I'm learning from scratch, I did manage to find a DOHC zc obd0 for sale with the manual transmission and all for $450. I think I'm going to shoot for it, theres not THAT much of a difference between a zc and a b-series is there? I mean for the save in money anyway.....

actually there is

very small supply of aftermarket parts,and the dohc doesnt have a vtec option..
but the d-series tranny bolts up to it...
the ls would be cheap and there is an endless supply/option of parts,you have option to go vtec,and ls loves boost...plus theres a large amount of them around soo theyre getting cheaper

Back