1988 LX d16z6 swapped MISFIRE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ceehris

I have a 1988 civic lx with a d16z6 obd1 swap. and I have a misfire that I cannot get rid of. heres what I have ruled out so far!

- done a compression test (150 psi across all cylinders) - within range
- changed plug wires - no difference
- checked for vaccumm leaks - none found

2morrow I am going to replace my spark plugs even though when I inspected them they looked fine.

anyone know what else I should check!???
any common misfire problems???

Surely you've checked your plugs...maybe changed them...

Have you tried a different dizzy yet?
Any codes?

so for a second time I checked for vaccuum leaks and found a crack in the hose going to the fuel pressure regulator. so I replaced the hose and it is running alot better but I still get the odd misfire!

Ignition timing?
timing is bang on. I was looking at the map sensor and vacuum lines.
and I am using the old stock 88 civic map sensor with a vacuum line siliconed to the hole for the MAP in the d16z6 intake. I went to the wrecker and got a d16z6 MAP sensor so I am putting the proper one on right now!
what I was wondering is on the stock 88 civic MAP sensor what is the thing on the right of that the evap cannister vacuum line goes to? is it the evap control solenoid?

I think your referring to the Purge Cut solenoid. it won't throw any codes or anything if you remove it, so when you move the map to the TB on the Z6, just remove that entire bracket, cause it's not needed anymore.

I think your referring to the Purge Cut solenoid. it won't throw any codes or anything if you remove it, so when you move the map to the TB on the Z6, just remove that entire bracket, cause it's not needed anymore.

well where should I run the vacuum line coming the drivers side of the intake manifold because usually it runs to the purge cut solenoid then to the evap cannister

Plug it.

I've got tape over mine.

You can also throw away the black canister too.

Back