1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1988 mr2 n/a 5 speed....So. Cal.

Discussion in 'Vehicles: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by efnick, May 17, 2008.

1. efnick

efnick New Member

clean title, straight body, black on black, new wheels tires and brake master cylinder. hard top. 160k miles on original redtop 4age, tranny shifts smooth and flawless. car needs new paint, that's it. $2000. located in torrance, california.

email- heminick67@aol.com
    phone- 310-617-1042

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

:( I wish I wasn't as far away as an american could be from this.

This is a GREAT autocrosser and can be rigid as hell for any sport. The hardtop isn't an easy find in 88, nor is the 5 speed in 88 / 89

3. efnick

efnick New Member

thank you for the positive comment on the car! i hate to let it go but two cars gets expensive. it is an extremely fine handling car. its got the 7-rib redtop engine, and the reinforced transmition that i think they started in 87?

4. Celerity

the seven girdle block is a kouki thing. The red top would be an aftermarket thing. You're talking about a JDM engine at that point.

5. efnick

efnick New Member

no, in the mr2 at i belive 1987 or 88 they switched to a 7-ribbed block. the printing on the top of the valve cover was changed from blue writing to red writing, hence the reason people call this the red top version, at least for the mr2.

6. efnick

efnick New Member

bump

any offers? id be willing to trade a civic or crx si as well.

7. Celerity

False. the lettering on the head doesn't designate the specs of the head. Red Top is usually a Corolla (Levin) found head. in 88 and 89 the SCs had a 7 rib block. The extra ribbing is because it was Yamaha built. Again, check it out.

And again, I would set you up with a trade in a heartbeat, but you're all the way over there.

8. efnick

efnick New Member

ok, maybe i got schooled i dunno. all i know is what i read online but maybe i mixed up some info. on the subject of sales, the car is still for that. any takers? ;)

9. efnick

efnick New Member

bump car is still for sale, $2,000 OBO!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted