1988 Prelude Si 4WS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daily interlude

Prelude Guru
Click for larger size:

Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon shots:

No wing:

New 15's:

These pics don't do the rims any justice though. Plus the front tires are not the right size (not complaining, they where free!). When I get the tires I want, I'll get them in 205/50 so they'll look/fit right.

Undecided on the following 3 brands/models though:
1. Falken Azenis
2. Advans A048
3. Hankook Ventus Rs2-212 (new model)

Can't please everyone! :roll:

Wing came with the car and it's glued on bigtime. I tried to take it off...not that hard though. Once I recognized it was glued on (with some strong adhesive), I put the bolts back in and called it a day.

I have a heat gun, just haven't found the patience to do it yet...

I guess there's no time like the present though! :goes off to play with the wing:

the wing isn't as bad as it could be.

Badass swap though. Nice to see someone doing something with the 3g prelude.

I kinda dig the wing. Without the wing, and paint the hood and it would be a total lethal sleeper.

Nice work, I am impressed. You want my 91 Prelude ?

-> Steve

For free? I'll take it for free! ;)

I've been wanting to take the wing off but thought it was glued on very hard. It was glued but only a little prying was able to separate that w/o incident except for the other hidden bolt! They drilled in the trunk, put this bolt it and then totally covered it with black sealant making it look like it was stock!

So after removing those bolts, here you go (click)!

You can see the ls/vtec Integra I just finished repairing the bottom end on too.

Given that I'll be painting this thing blue and the clear on the carbon fiber hood is really really fading, I just might paint the hood too. But the whole car will be the blue you see in the engine bay. :thumbsup:

Sounds real nice. Hey, those Crowers, 5 angle grind and all those mods only brought you to 180 hp ? Hmm.

And my Prelude is for sale for $500, it's automatic, and 2WS.

-> Steve

Yeah, only 180. My baseline was only 150 so there's something going on. We came up with the assumption that she just isn't breathing right (intake, header, exhaust are all to restrictive).

The baseline run showed the engine running way rich. After tuning the VAFC to keep from running rich, I gained 20hp! Then we tuned the cam gears and lowered the vtec x-over and gained another 10hp.

I'm thinking that will a good intake setup (3"), header, and fix the other restrictions in the exhaust (it's 2" in 2 different places!), that I'll be up around 200.

I'm looking at staying all motor for now with a goal of around 230-240whp. We'll see how that goes...

Yeah, I plan on picking up some sort of engine management. Undecided if it'll be crome, uberdata, hondata or what.

I'll do that at the same time as the other internal changes (here's a hint, compression and stroke for starters!).

Crower stroker kit ?

From 180 with your current mods, to 240 all motor you're looking at a lot more to go. Give in and turbo it :)

-> Steve

I don't think that 230-240 is that far away.

Here's the starting list.
Better headers (Hytech or SMSP or the like)
H23 crank and rods (balanced of course)
Up compression (pistons and combo with H23 crank)
Better cams
Engine management
Better intake and exhaust

This is all pre nitrous too. I have 85% of a wet kit here and some 22" drag slicks (15" drag rims...rim/wheel combo weigh in at 22lbs total!). Adding just these 2 things will easily put me in the 13's. Then add in the above mods and who knows!

We already have an H22 turbo 3rd gen in the camp. It's about to come to play on the streets in the next month or two. It's already dyno'd at 415 to the wheels at 17psi on pump gas! The engine should handle 25psi! Can someone say 10's on race gas? I can!

Here's a tease of the turbo H22 3g lude...

Kevin-1.JPG

very nice! :thumbsup:

thats the nicest(and probally the fastest since it has a h-series) old school prelude ive seen.

Oh, there's faster! Even with the stock engine. But I think the turbo H22 one pictured above (which is not mine) is the fastest. It hasn't made a clean run yet though. It might make a few runs this year depending on timing...

Originally posted by daily interlude@Aug 16 2005, 06:55 PM
For free? I'll take it for free! ;)

I've been wanting to take the wing off but thought it was glued on very hard. It was glued but only a little prying was able to separate that w/o incident except for the other hidden bolt! They drilled in the trunk, put this bolt it and then totally covered it with black sealant making it look like it was stock!

So after removing those bolts, here you go (click)!

You can see the ls/vtec Integra I just finished repairing the bottom end on too.

Given that I'll be painting this thing blue and the clear on the carbon fiber hood is really really fading, I just might paint the hood too. But the whole car will be the blue you see in the engine bay. :thumbsup:
[post=540874]Quoted post[/post]​

Much better without the wing :)

My vote is to stay all motor. Skrew drag racing and slicks. Get some Advan A048's and some 15's, build your motor up a bit and hit the track. Or those nice twisty mountain roads you have in your pictures.

You can have 1038674838x more fun in a $500 car on the track than you can drag racing in a car that costs $10000. :)

That's Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap). I would LOVE to be able to hit that road. Even more if I could do it once a week. It's a popular spot for motorcyclists and Miata owners.

Back