1988 Prelude Si 4WS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 17 2005, 01:10 PM
That's Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap). I would LOVE to be able to hit that road. Even more if I could do it once a week. It's a popular spot for motorcyclists and Miata owners.
[post=541240]Quoted post[/post]​

And luders! ;)

My plan is to stay all motor for now. Drag racing and slicks is just cheap fun. I plan on doing track events more than drag racing it's just that the lude isn't ready and I don't have the cash to get it ready or partake in an event.

There is an event in Nov to run at the little Talladega in Alabama that I should be able to afford. Hopefully I'll find some 15's by then too.

Anyone want to trade rims/wheels? Mine are perfect still!

Well, I got some 15" rims. Konig heliums in bronze (11lbs!). It's going to be a while before I put them on. Need new tires and I want to fix my leak and messed up axle first.
heliumbronze.jpg

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 30 2005, 05:26 PM
Heliums are sweet...but they don't like huge potholes at 55MPH.... :(
[post=547489]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll remember that! But I'll be running at least 50 series rubber with either 195 or 205 width so hopefully I'll be alright...

Some pics with the 15's. These pics don't do any justice though. Plus the front tires are not the right size (not complaining, they where free!). When I get the tires I want, I'll get them in 205/50 so they'll look/fit right.

Undecided on the following 3 brands/models though:
1. Falken Azenis
2. Advans
3. Hankook Ventus Rs2-212 (new model)

Here's the pics (click to enlarge):

Newer pics coming soon. I need to do something with the trim...it stands out like a sour thumb now!

Yeah, 195/60/15 new on the front and 195/50/15 used on the rear...they look very big! :blink:

Thanks for the props... ;)

Probably...they are just temporary until I can get the tires I want. If I go on a mountain run or anything, I might rotate the tires around to get the lower profile on the fronts.

That or do burnouts until they where down! ;)

hahaha that won't work. silly rabbit.

seriously, put the taller tires in the back. It might look a little silly but it's better on your handling.

DAMN SON! Thats a clean ass prelude. Brings back memorys of my brothers..... Ah yes, busting on general lee shit in the boones with only a permit at 15. Those were the days. But I wish i can say the same about the prelude. Right now my parents have it and its use it as "the farm car" where they load farming tools and fishing gear.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 14 2005, 01:13 PM
Right now my parents have it and its use it as "the farm car" where they load farming tools and fishing gear.
[post=554339]Quoted post[/post]​

What? Do I need to buy it from them then? :blink: Preludes deserve better than that (plus there are better vehicles to do the "farm work")! :tisk:

:bo:

unfornately its one of the first cars we got and we were looking for a truck to repalce it but budget is tight and anything toyota commands a hefty price fors omething thats a 80s beater like around 4000.

anyway, it has a rebuilt tranny, but bone stock oem motor. and my parents just LOVE IT. it has 220,000 miles on it but they say its still strong as a mule, but willing to sell it for 1000.

It's preliminary run was a 12.8 @ 118mph but he ran a 2.7 60' on slicks! The slicks where not broken in yet. It's easily an 11 second car right now and a 10 second car after retuning at like 25psi on race gas...

It's fast...scary fast!

Back