1989 crx hf shell > d15b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elibilodeau

Okay. So i have a 1989 crx hf shell and a 1992 civic lx with the stock d15b7 in it. The civic has gone to hell in the past year body-wise and I'm looking to pull the motor and put it in the crx. I have been doing a lot of research on the easiest and cheapest way to do this swap, but I still don't think i understand the swap 100%. I have to get the 88-91 crx distributor and ecu, correct? And the jumper-harness to keep the obd0?
I don't know, i could be wrong with everything. haha. Does anyone have any helpful info?
thanks in advance for the help:)

-No; unless you don't want to deal with a distributor adapter. Distributor swaps are for those switching from DPFI.
-No, car is already OBD0. You'd need the jumper harness if you want to use an OBD1 ECU. Just use an HF or Si engine wiring harness.
-You'll also need a 88-91 Civic/CRX cable transmission and engine bracket+mounts.

-No; unless you don't want to deal with a distributor adapter. Distributor swaps are for those switching from DPFI.
-No, car is already OBD0. You'd need the jumper harness if you want to use an OBD1 ECU. Just use an HF or Si engine wiring harness.
-You'll also need a 88-91 Civic/CRX cable transmission and engine bracket+mounts.

thanks for the response. So what parts exactly would i need to mount the D15b7 in the crx hf?

Back