1989 CRX SI Manual Radiator Fan switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

weside34

Hello I just bought a CRX Si and it has a manual radiator fan switch. Do I only need to turn it on when I see my temperature rising above normal or should I be running it all the time?

weird; i had one of those, don't recall a radiator fan switch -- not to say there wasn't one. where is it located?

weird; i had one of those, don't recall a radiator fan switch -- not to say there wasn't one. where is it located?
Its not OEM, its something tha the previous owner did. Only turn it on when you ge above normal operating temp.

Ok thanks alot. Yes I know it is not OEM. The previous owner did a whole bunch of weird crap but it was cheap and a good base start so I thought I would buy. Thanks again.

yeah when i put a new radiator in my REX i had that switch run because i didnt know where to plug the wires into to switch on automatically. you'll loose performance if you run the fan constantly so your better off getting someone to rerun it to click on automatically at the right temp unless you dont mind hitting the switch when you start to over heat.

I have an EG half rad. in my B16 EF and Im not even running a fan and have no problems with it getting hot.

Well ive heard that my motor has cooling issues.. and ive seen them first hand, i have a half size mishimoto half size rad and ran. and still have the occasional temp rising if my heat isnt on.. lol Damn that high boost :p

Back