1989 Honda CRX Help.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

begrer

My kid just bought an 89 honda CRX, says he bought new springs for it and is coming over tomorrow so I can help him install them. Is there anything special I need to know when removing or installing the springs, and is there any "special" tool I need before starting this project. About how long should this take?
Dont know what kind he bought?

Spring compressors,10 allen key,12mm,14mm,17mm wrenchs,12mm,14mm,17mm sockets and rachet... Had to do them many times at honda.

Okay if anyone could give me som info on how to go about putting new Tien S. Tech lowering springs on a 1989 Honda CRX si I would really appreciate it! Thx BIGROB90 for the info on what I need for tools! Appreciate it!

No need for the spring compressor if your comptable doing without it.

What I do without compressor tool:
When taking out the old springs, face the spring toward the wall and put a tire in front of it. Put pressure on the allen wrench while loosening the nut. Have somebody or you can step on the spring to help it not engage.

that's what I do.

buy the compressor tool from advance or autozone they should have the loaner tool kits that you rent but get your money back after use.. as for taking them off its better to start with the front first 1)take wheels off 2)loosen the strut mount nuts ontop of the engine bay 3)loosen the 14mmbolt on the strut fork 4)take the 17mm bolt out of the lower controlarm and shock fork lower the shock fork and wiggle out then drop the shock. putting on the spring you first put your 12mm wrench then your allen key ,loosen the nut put the spring compressor on the springs,tighten bfor 2inchs take mount off then slide strut out. repeat the process but reversed. for the rear you will have to drop the rear lower control arm but becarful not to strip the 17mm bolt,the rest is pretty easy much like the front. if you have any questions hit me back hope i helped some... :)

Back