1989 Honda CRX Motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcman1981

crx fan
hi, got a 89 crx si, standard, blowin blue smoke bad(rings are gone), lookin to swap out engine for another one and cant find the info needed. such as motor compatibilitys from different years and makes. i think it is a D16A6 in there now but not sure, is there a way to identify the motor? lookin for any motor that is cheap/common that will drop in and bolt up with no headaches and different wiring harnesess. been searching for a while now and could sure use some clarification. also, needin it to pass aircare, still has original cat in it, think i need a new one? got 300,000km on it now.....

Last edited:
there are usually two ways to get past the "need to know" pandemic: ask someone else, or find the answer yourself and then ask for opinions or help regarding the answer you've found.

lucky for you this forum is full of helpful info (there are both recommended and nonrecommended swap reference threads) and opinionated, experienced forum members.

i'd personally make use of both. or, you can just take your car to a mechanic and pay to have someone else's answer installed into your car.

Last edited:
Back