1989 Nissan Pathfinder XE-V6 4x4 f/s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I hate to get rid of her, she's been in my family since I was 3...but I've got 3 other vehicles, and insurance is KILLING me.

VIN: JN8HD16Y2KW101507
MILEAGE: 318XXX
TRANSMISSION: 5-speed manual
ENGINE: 3.0L V6

GOOD: A/C, power windows, Panasonic CD player, tinted windows, 31x10.5/15 Bridgestone Dueler APT3 tires (with 3-year 100% free replacement warranty from Sears), electric fan, 3" body lift, Flowmaster muffler & turndown, recently reupholstered seats, TX inspection until 9/07 and registration until 12/07, motor replaced at 300k miles (only been in the mud twice since then)

BAD: power steering doesn't work too well, A/C fan speed 4 doesn't work (1,2, and 3 work fine though), won't go into 4 wheel low (I never notched the floorboard for it when I lifted it), dents/scratches here and there, rust spot behind driver's door, 2001 Yamaha R6-shaped dent on the rear driver's quarter panel

Up for sale is a 1989 Nissan Pathfinder XE-V6 4x4. This has been in my family since it was new. My mom bought it brand new in 1989, and I bought it from her a few years back. It's got power windows, power locks, a Panasonic CD player, Sony 6.5" components in the front doors, some sort of speakers in the rear (don't remember what kind, put them in 4 or 5 years ago), wiring for and amp/stereo in the back, and everything else I posted above. At a little before 300k miles I hydrolocked the engine playing in the mud, and replaced it with a 120k-mile junkyard motor. I replaced the timing belt, oil and water pump, spark plugs, gaskets, etc. when the motor was replaced. It runs great, and is in excellent running condition. About a month ago, the A/C fan's '4' speed went out, so the a/c only works on speeds 1,2, and 3. The powersteering is functional, but doesn't help very much. I've replaced 2 pumps and the gearbox twice, and the gearbox has a small leak. I haven't cared enough about it in the past year to figure out exactly what's wrong with it and fix it for good, I like to think of it as exercise. A few years back I drove a 2001 Yamaha R6 that I was looking at buying into the side of the truck, putting a minor dent on the rear driver's side. There is also a rust spot/bubble/whatever right behind the driver's door. If you sanded it and repainted that spot, it would take care of it...but again, I haven't cared enough to fix it.

I get between 12-20mpg out of this, usually around 16mpg. I drive it occasionally when Katie takes the Jetta and it's raining (thus not letting me ride the bike). For the most part it sits in front of my apartment and racks up my insurance bill.

It's far from perfect, but not in 'poor' condition by any means. Interior is blue cloth, exterior was originally silver but was repainted around 2002 when I got it from my mom (I hated the silver. If you've ever seen a silver 89 pathfinder, you'd understand. They're hideous).

KBB value is $1935, I'll knock about the price of a case of beer off that if you show up with a 6-pack of Killian's.

So $1900 and a 6-pack of Killian's Irish Red OBO.

I'm also up for negotiation on the brand of beer.

Clean title in-hand.

forsale046.jpg

forsale047.jpg

forsale048.jpg

forsale040.jpg

forsale045.jpg

forsale044.jpg

forsale043.jpg

forsale042.jpg

forsale041.jpg

pissedoffsol or Calesta (admins on Hondaswap) or GSCRXSi (moderator on Hondaswap) can vouch for me, and in addition a good handful of people on Hondaswap know me and should be able to vouch for me.

William Kitchens
(936)465-3629
Northside Houston, TX
wkitchens@gmail.com
william@hondaswap.net

Back