1990 CIVIC d-15 V-TEC sawp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Markafella

Hey Im going to swap out my d-15b2 non v-tec bullshitty out to a j-spec d15-b v-tec complete swap, will this be hard to so since they are basically the same?

Originally posted by Markafella@Aug 16 2003, 02:18 PM
Hey Im going to swap out my d-15b2 non v-tec bullshitty out to a j-spec d15-b v-tec complete swap, will this be hard to so since they are basically the same?

It is a very easy swap. You can swap the '90-'91 Si intake manifold to it and keep OBD-0 wiring. The drivers side motor mount will be a little twisted in the cup, but it will still work. The wiring is simple if you go with a JDM PR3 or PW0 ECU. You can also use a RPM activated switch to control the VTEC, but you will not get any fuel correction that way.

That is the motor I was running in my CRX before it was totaled. I was using a PW0 ECU to run it, and with a COMP cam, would freely rev to 7800 without a complaint. You already have a 1.5l, so you won't see any torque loss, but the HP potential is there, and most of the aftermarket parts from the D16Z6 bolt right up.

Back