1990 civic ex ls swap ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twntrbocivic

i just bought a 1990 civic ex sadan i was wondering what is all involed to wire in a 1991 ls motor any help would be great

Complete motor/trans/axles/ecu needs to be LS OBD0

You need the aftermarket mounts for your EF with a b-series

I think you need the si engine harness but could be wrong and any EF harness will work

I'm not too sure on the wiring harness issue but you can search on this forum and find out

Its an EX....does that mean it is already have MPFI??

yea it has 4 injectors allready i just dont know much about the ef i have a eg swaped allready i just wandering what wiring was involved with this swap thanks for help so far guys

also i am new to the forum so where would i look to fing the wiring diagram that needs done any help would be great thanks

There is alot of info on that swap. I did the same swap to my 89 crx si, just with the info on this site.

With mine I used the stock si engine harness, I needed mounts, 90-91 integra axles, 90-91 integra ecu, injectors, injector resistor box, and shifter linkage. I didn't have to do any actual wiring besides extending the o2 wire. It is pretty much plug and play. The toughest part was figuring out the vacuum lines but there is a ton of knowledge around here.

You need to ask specific questions as they arise.

The si harness, Is that the one thats MPFI? Or is there a diffrent one? Mine was converted from dpfi to mpfi and im having the same question about the wiring swap.

the ex sedan has the same engine/harness as a 88-91 si, its a d16a6 and everything will plug in. mounts are b series mounts, axles are 90-93 teg for driver side and 90-01 teg for pass side(i believe those years are the same for pass side, as i have a 95 pass axle in my ef)and shif linkage, either buy it or modify 90-93 teg. if the engine is obd1 then you will need a obd0 ecu and dizzy, if its already obd0 then everything will work

Back