1990 civic motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90civichb

okay i have a 1990 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and i wanna run a turbo in her what motor would be a good motor to drop in there in the near future. i will be building it from scratch and i will want to run a Turbo in it i would like to know what is a good motor to start on and that will drop right on after i'm done

yeah theres a D15B something in there right now and no money ain't a problem for me so any suggestions for a dohc V-TEC

i think i found what i wanna out into the car. a JDM ZC 1.6L DOHC

agreed, but a 300 hp zc is going to need alot of internal upgrades to hold up. I don't know how much you can run through a stock LS bottom end.

oh dude i wasn't going to leave it stock and boost it not at all... i'm actually going to rebuild it or get someone else to do it for me i know a few people but i have one question instead of a ZC which doesn't have many parts carriers would it be better to drop in a B-series, and if i do the B-series swap what should i go with and what will i have to do in order to succeed at that?:confused:

Langley eh? I'm out in Chilliwack :)

Personally I'd recommend a B18A1 or B18B1 with a small turbo pushing a small amount of boost.

Good luck

www.jgenginedynamics.com Check these guys out. They have built 650 HP d series engine on there stage 3 turbo blocks. I have been talking with them for a while about options for building zc motors. They know a good amount about what it really takes to really juice these engines.

its VTEC no hyphen....do you know much about hondas or just gonna pay someone to do it all...and a dx is a d15b2

Back