1990 civic motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1990flatback

i have a 1990 civic flatback and i have the chance to but a d series motor w/ everything i mean motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, axels, headers, port and polished head for $600 and it is all new. and i wondering if it is worth it at all i mean i heard that the wiring thing was a pain so can anyone tell me if it is really worth it at all????

i THINK YOU MEAN CONVERTING from DPFI (dx) to MPFI if so this will help
Converting DPFI to MPFI

Unpin C1 à repin B10
Unpin C2 à repin B12
Unpin B2 cut add wire to go to the BLU-GRN wire on cyl position sensor then repin C1
Unpin B11 cut add wire to go to the BLU-YEL wire on cyl position sensor then repin C2
Cut A3 and add wire run it to #2 injector (RED wire)
Cut A7 and add wire run it to #4 injector (YEL wire)
Connect the YEL-BLK wire from the DX injector harness to the YEL-BLK wire on the injector resistor box.
Connect the YEL wire from the DX injector to the #1 injector (BRN wire)
Connect the RED wire from the DX injector to the #3 injector (BLU wire)
Connect the 4RED-BLK wires from injector resistor box to each injector

The car is now MPFI

Originally posted by 1990flatback@Apr 18 2004, 08:31 PM
i have a 1990 civic flatback and i have the chance to but a d series motor w/ everything i mean motor, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, axels, headers, port and polished head for $600 and it is all new. and i wondering if it is worth it at all i mean i heard that the wiring thing was a pain so can anyone tell me if it is really worth it at all????

why don't you try tell us what d series motor, theres a big difference in whether or not its worth it and the work involved

Originally posted by TireSmoke@Apr 19 2004, 09:23 AM
Converting DPFI to MPFI

Unpin C1 à repin B10
Unpin C2 à repin B12
Unpin B2 cut add wire to go to the BLU-GRN wire on cyl position sensor then repin C1
Unpin B11 cut add wire to go to the BLU-YEL wire on cyl position sensor then repin C2
Connect the YEL-BLK wire from the DX injector harness to the YEL-BLK wire on the injector resistor box.

The car is now MPFI

unpin B2? you depin C1 and C2....and move those to B10 and B12. B10 is orange and B12 is white. Cylinder sensor goes to C1, C2 and run to new connector you make at firewall.

Originally posted by RSBAD454+Apr 19 2004, 04:09 PM-->
TireSmoke
@Apr 19 2004, 09:23 AM
Converting DPFI to MPFI

Unpin C1 à repin B10
Unpin C2 à repin B12

The car is now MPFI

unpin B2? you depin C1 and C2....and move those to B10 and B12. B10 is orange and B12 is white. Cylinder sensor goes to C1, C2 and run to new connector you make at firewall.

Follow my instructions. I've done this many many times. The way I have them listed is so there is less cutting and soldering. print out the instructions and compare them with any body elses instructions and you will see they are correct.

dx-to-sib.gif

If you're talking about buying a D15A (Which is what the car comes with) at $600 you're paying the same for a motor built as you would pay for taking your motor down and doing it. IF what you're buying is the D16, then the horsepower gains you're talking about are about the same as buying (And using) Lightweight rims. If you're going to buy a D16Z6 (SOHC VTEC motor) Than $600 is a fair price to pay.

If your hatch is a base model like mine, then keep your 4 speed tranny.

-> Steve

Back