1990 civic si hatch ls vtec have ?'s need help/advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hada88crxsi

Hi all,
I am new to the swap scene but have drove stock ef's all my life...............
This is my 1990 civic Si hatch I bought a while ago here are my ?'s and my future plans for it so keep my future plans in mind when giving advice so I won't spend $ twice lol.Thanks for looking!

b18a bottom end with a fresh pr3 head, running a virgin pr3 ecu ,pr3 5 speed trans,

When I got it the vtec wire was plugged into the h2o sensor and the h2o wire was plugged into the vtec.

The bottom end smokes I have no clue of the miles on it,It pulls hard and vtec rips it is a real torque monster once you get it reved up the problem is when you are driving @ a certain speed and aren't giving it gas it acts like you are on and off the gas I don't know the term to describe this....hesitation then goes.......What ecu are you all running with this set up?Check engine light is on....

The other issue I have is it has stock style motor mounts and the front torque mount that attatches to the crossmember doesnt line up right.I can get 1 bolt in the trans and the long bolt and nut through the crossmember.This causes the motor/trans to rock and I hear a banging noise when I hit the gas.I was told I didn't need the torque mount so I took it off and it just made it worse...Should I buy aftermarket mounts?If I do will I need this torque mount?What are you guys that run the traction bar/tubular crossmember doing?Do you need the torque mount while running the traction bar?

I have another thing I need your opinions....

I have the 90 si hatch above it has the typical honda cancer....I also have a 89 si hatch that is a 1.6 sohc all stock no rust It was my daily driver it smoked real bad but got 30 miles to the gallon .....it just popped the headgasket last week....
My plans were to fix the sohc motor and put the sohc and 5 speed out of the 89 in the 90 so the rusty car would be my daily driver

Then ring and zing my b18c bottom end I got off craigslist that spins over ok and put the pr3 head on it and put all this in the rust free 89.

What are you thoughts?I am driving the 90 ls vtec si everyday for the time being so I really need some help with the torque mount or someone to tell me they had the same issue and bought aftermarket mounts and the torque mount wasn't needed.

Thanks for any replys and opinions I will add pics of the 89 later in the week.

Dave

Attachments

• 100_1655.jpg
    100_1655.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 849
  • 100_1652.jpg
    100_1652.jpg
    951.7 KB · Views: 518
  • 100_1651.jpg
    100_1651.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 100_1656.jpg
    100_1656.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_1650.jpg
    100_1650.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
for the mounts you dont use the stock front, you need aftermarket mounts theres 3, you have to cut off the front mount on the crossmember, just put the b16 in my 89si, also if the motor dont have a rear t bracket youll need that also

t bracket

Where is this on the motor so I can see if I have it? If I don't have the t bracket and this is a stock piece I can get from a junkyard what year and make car do I need to get it from?

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the help!

its on the back of the engine, if theres a mount holding the engine down in he back then you have it already, it bolts to the motor and the mount bolts to it. if you dont have it 90-93 integras is what you need. i paid 30.00 shipped from ebay, good luck

im have in problems making the back mount fit also need halp with wiring cause i cant find were everythin goes

Back