1990 civic std hb -> hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xylke

I have an old 1990 civic hatchback that unfortunately is on its last cylinder after almost 20 years of service and 270k miles. A while ago I needed a new transmission at one point and my mechanic gave it a 5 speed.. no clue where it came from.. but aside from that it's been pretty much the same car my parents bought me..

I use it as a commuter car.. work is only 10 miles of mostly by uninterrupted freeway.. I was thinking it'd be kinda cool to switch out its engine for an hf engine and try and get the legendary 50mpg ..

what would that entail? is that an easy thing.. and as it wouldn't cost me more than a couple thousand to do?

check out my web site on my sig at the bottom of my post click on db customs projects and you will see a 90 civic hatch that i just did a dohc zc swap in and it only cost 500 to do it

Do I have to worry about the mpfi conversion? Or the tranny? I was thinking of just swapping the engine and seeing what happens.. anyone have any experience with this could let me know what to expect?

Back