1990 civic with 1991 SIR B16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

julz69

I found out my ECU is a pw0 now i am so lost on where to go from here. I don't know what to do with this information. Do i need a wiring diagram for the car's original ecu? Please guide me
Thank you!
-J

Have you already done the b16a1 swap? Cause the pw0 ecu is the same as the pr3 which is also a b16 ecu. But what are you trying to do with the wiring? vtec, dpi to mpi, a little more info, and I could probally help you.

oh ok sorry motor tranny and everything is in. Now when it comes to getting the thing wired i don't even know where to start. I have to do dpi to mpi right? Then wire in the vtec. basically how do i get it to run now? Sorry im a newbie, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
J

SEARCH. You might also find info at hasport.com under faq's-->instructions. I think they sell wiring kits you might want too.

That depends on how good you are with wiring......Sounds to me like you might want to buy subharnesses, yeah....Or you can use the search button to figure out how to wire it yourself. There's alot of info out there on that.

That depends on how good you are with wiring......Sounds to me like you might want to buy subharnesses, yeah....Or you can use the search button to figure out how to wire it yourself. There's alot of info out there on that.

this isnt honda tech, dont immediately tell someone to search. yes, searching helps, but its not always going to get the answers the person needs.

Here's hasports vtec subharness - $79

Here's rywires vtec subharness - $55

That harness is nice, but its only really beneficial if you are already MPFI (SI or HF). If you are not, then I would look into this. It cost $175 for rywire to rewire the harness to work with an MPFI car CRX/Civic

Good luck.

Is their a good tutorial on how to do that conversoin? Again thank you everyone for your help! Ps- anyone from CT for some help?
Thank you,
-J

dont immediately tell someone to search

yes, searching helps, but its not always going to get the answers the person needs.

1. I told him more than search. My knowledge is limited on some of that stuff too you know.....But I'm not going to search hondaswap for answers, when he can do that himself. I'm just trying to tell him what I already know.

2. Yes, searching does help. That's why you should do it. My own personal oppinion is that you should do that first. It's also alot quicker than waiting for replies. Then, if you have questions still, post!! That's what I do. I'm not saying he has to, I'm just saying it makes sense. It's an amazing philosophy. I'm sorry you don't agree with me brian...

Back to business. Yes, there is information out there on how to wire that stuff. Again, I beleive hasport has that info at the previously mentioned location.
You don't have to wire MPFI if your car is SI or HF. Which one do you have??? You will have to wire VTEC, knock, and second o2, which is easy if you know how to solder/crimp. Again, hasport has that info at hasport.com then tech support-->instructions-->then if you have si, it'd be efsi-vtec.....dx would be efdx-vtec....etc...... Just look around there, you'll find helpful information.

As for if you have DPI, can't help you there. There is info at the hasport.com location I just mentioned, as well as much information here and at honda-tech.com. I would guess that a wiring harness for that one might be a good idea due to it being more complex than wiring the four wires for the SI/HF models. But, again, that'd be a guess. All depends on what you think you should do.

Hope that helps.

I have a DX. I went on hasport's page and it shows only instructions on how to install their harness not to do it yourself. I will continue to search on how to do this conversion but if anyone can help me out it would be great. And BTW thanks for your posts everyone.
-J

I apologize man. I've been using the efsi-vtec link and it tells how to wire, not use the harness. So, I assumed it was the same for the dx link also. Sorry about that.

After searching for "b16a mpfi wiring", it turned up this among other things:
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/all-swap-info-ef-50719/?highlight=b16a+mpfi+wiring#post457510

This is the biggest info on what you need to know that I've seen yet. So, that should be a big help. Notice the mpfi wiring link in that post. That is what you should look at to see if you want to do it yourself. There's some more helpful info for you in there too.

I apologize man. I've been using the efsi-vtec link and it tells how to wire, not use the harness. So, I assumed it was the same for the dx link also. Sorry about that.

After searching for "b16a mpfi wiring", it turned up this among other things:
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-da/all-swap-info-ef-50719/?highlight=b16a+mpfi+wiring#post457510

This is the biggest info on what you need to know that I've seen yet. So, that should be a big help. Notice the mpfi wiring link in that post. That is what you should look at to see if you want to do it yourself. There's some more helpful info for you in there too.

Here's the same link, from the original source [its a tad easier to read as well]

You can also try this, I have found this site to be really helpful. EF wiring

Wow you guys have been alot of help and i appreciate you helping me out. I will soon give all this wiring a try! Wish me luck..

I got my harness done by hasport. They done a great job and cost me $200. If you want to do it your self COOL. Good luck with your swap, let us know how it turns out.

Back