1990 CRX DX I want to learn!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Devildog

So i bought this car for 1000 bucks. I bought it because is drove awesome, I think it has a rebuilt engine or the top end atleast because it drives smooth, no ticks in the engine or anything. The body has 300k miles on it. Anyways, I want to make the car faster. I can do all work by myself with the proper steps. Im not knowledgable on the engine codes, D-series, B-Series etc... I looked it up and the engine the DX has is the D15A2 which doesnt have much horsepower at all. Without swapping the entire engine out for another one, what can I do to the stock engine it has in it? I also want a website or a book that will tell me everything there is to know about Hondas and the engines, swaps, specifications, etc... so I can learn about it all. Is there such things? Like a Honda Guidebook or something like that? Excuse my lack of knowledge, I've always just fixed cars, Ive never suped them up, or swapped angines so I dont know what engine fits in what and if it doesnt fit, what to modify. Hopefully Im not confusing anyone. But thank you for reading this post.

First lesson...88-91 Civic/CRX's are "EF's", not "EW's"

-this is the EW section

start with good tires, brakes, and a suspension....then work on the engine. those cars are old and need refreshed. plus, you would be surprised how much faster you can drive those stock engines with the right suspension and putting the power to the road.

Back