1990 CRX Si Build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok your temp guage just raises and such and it dosent run right or it seems to run right.

Now this happened on my friends DX a while back, We found out that there is a plug on the back of the block that wasent connected to the rest of the harness. I pluged it in and everything ran fine for a while. Then it turned out to be a bad injector. We checked it using other injectors but they turned out to be bad also. So out of the win we went to the J/Y and pulled an injector froma random DX. clipted it and pluged it in and fired it up and it works just fine. The only thing wrong with it now is the trans is ded.

Well, I took the head off yesterday and found all 4 of my cylinder's with coolant in them. So, with that I'm sending the head to a machine shop to check for warpage/cracks, since I know it's something. If it's just warped, then I'm going to try to have it resurfaced, but if its cracked or warped too bad, then I'll just be pulling a full z6 swap.

Now thats intresting, are you sure that the coolent dident leak in when you took the head off?

Yes. Positive. It was leaking when the head was still on, when the car was running. It was also blowing steam. That means I'm burning coolant.

Yeah I'm taking it down to a local shop here in a couple days to have it pressure checked and resurfaced. I'll have it all updated then.

FOAMY ftw..
I'd check out the block a little as well. at least take a straight edge to it, if you haven't already.

actually i was referencing the avatar, but I never used the stuff so i cannot vouch for it personally.

hah.. quick read I briefly read foam it with the .01 second i read it with, then double checked it.

Last edited:
Used what stuff? I was referring to the avatar too haha. I just meant that taking a straight edge to the block is a good idea, and I'll do that as well.

Used what stuff? I was referring to the avatar too haha. I just meant that taking a straight edge to the block is a good idea, and I'll do that as well.
seafoam, but i don't think it works well in this case, i don't even remember exactly what its used for.

Back