1990 CRX Si D16A6 Head Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89Si

Can anyone tell me what the sensor is that plugs into the head underneath of the distributor is? It has two wires i believe and is very small. The reason i ask is because the wire or wires broke when taking the head off the block for my rebuild. Thanks.

well i am doind a head swap to a y8 or a z6 to get vtec'ed so i was hoping it wasnt to serious

there are 3 coolant temp sensors on the engine - 2 on the end of the head below the distributor - one is for the temp gauge (green in the picture below) - it has a 1-wire connector with yellow/green stripe wire - one is for temp signal to the ECU (red in the picture below) - it has 2-wire connector with red/white stripe and green/white stripe wires - a problem with this sensor will cause a Check Engine Light with error code 6 - the 3rd sensor on the engine is for the cooling fan - on OBD0 engines, it is on the back of the block next to the oil filter (blue in picture below) and on OBD1 engines, it is on the thermostat housing - it has a 2-wire connector with black and yellow/green stripe wires

the white sensor in the picture is for the oil pressure

cooltempsensors.jpg

Last edited:
there are 3 coolant temp sensors on the engine - 2 on the end of the head below the distributor - one is for the temp gauge (green in the picture below) - it has a 1-wire connector with yellow/green stripe wire - one is for temp signal to the ECU (red in the picture below) - it has 2-wire connector with red/white stripe and green/white stripe wires - a problem with this sensor will cause a Check Engine Light with error code 6 - the 3rd sensor on the engine is for the cooling fan - on OBD0 engines, it is on the back of the block next to the oil filter (blue in picture below) and on OBD1 engines, it is on the thermostat housing - it has a 2-wire connector with black and yellow/green stripe wires

the white sensor in the picture is for the oil pressure
Thank you to who ever done this exactly what I was looking for

Back