1990 CRX Si with d16z6 swap issues OBD0 - OBD1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, i haven't been online for the weekend, saw your thread again...

ok, whatever you do do NOT try to throw a diffrent motor in this car cause you will still have the same wiring issues...

i don;t remember the firing order off hand but you can find that easily enough...
autozone.com has a good free repair section with limited wiring diargrams and such...

i suggest you get a conntinuity tester and wiring diargrams, and just check that each wire goes where it is suspossed to, and that you don;t hve continuity between multiple wires...
not sure what else to tell you...

i made my harness and my dumb fuck brother formated the computer
but the civic firing order is 1342 and i am using a y8 head on a zc bottom end

I havent been on for a few days, so i Figured I'd update.

The swap is working.. No codes nothing, working fine, i just need to repace the water pump :D .

All my wiring was right, checked and double checked since everyone was telling me my wiring... Just happened to be just he frikkin timing off the distributor.

Changed the plugs and the things started right up..

Next step is to upgrage the Cooling system, add datalogging to the ECU, and turbo!
The turbo is going to be after winter though.

Also its a bit annoying to shift above 6.5k with the old tranny,
Thanks to all for the help. Half the people around me here are idiots and dont know what their talking about.

Best of all the total cost of the swap was under $200 for everything, minus clutch and water pump.

Back