1990 crx SiR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Schock3

i have a 1990 crx SiR i took the motor out to do the clutch, water pump, thinking about doing the timing belt. it has a cable clutch. do u guys think i should do anything else or have any pointers? thanks fellas!

forgot to add that i just bought xtd stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel. not sure if there any good. im not even sure if im gunna put the 8 lbs flywheel on what do u guys think?

8 pounds is very light.. you'll have to feather the clutch quite a bit and get used to the way it drives, but it will all become second nature before long. And definently do the timing belt while the motor is out and you're swapping water pumps anyway.. Just one less thing to worry about down the road.

u think there is anything else i should do to make things easier down the road? i might be doing a nos kit.

I have the same setup in my B16 (XTD stage two and 8lbs flywheel) It works great, I dont have any complaints, you do have to get used to it, you have to really feather it taking off or it will chatter, but any aftermarket clutch will do that. And definitly do the timing belt too, bad things happen on these motors when and old neglected timing belt snaps.

thanks man i appreciate it! what do u think of a toda timing belt? any good?

get an oe honda or even a dayco from advance auto. they always worked well for me

alright i just put the clutch on and put the tranny back on. how do i know if i installed it correctly?? i put in the throw out bearing that was a bitch but it went together good. i tried simulating pushing the clutch by moving that bar that the clutch cable connects to but it doesnt move to much. everything went good and smooth but that bar doesnt move.

Your not going to be able to move that by hand. Put the cable on and try it out, if it works then you put it in right, if it doesnt then you did something wrong.:ph34r:

i came across a b20b block. if i wanted to put my b16a head on the b20b block its just a swap? nothing special?

Back