1990 CRX wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phyreangel

Hey guys,
I'm currently doing a b18c swap into my 90 crx and it's almost done just that i need help with a little problem.

I've wired the OBD2 distributor and the OBD 2 injectors and got rid of that injector resistor box. All the other wiring is set and good to go except one thing.

There's a plug right by the injector resistor box (which i've removed since i don't need it). On the 1990 CRX the plug that comes off the body is an 8 pin plug. Unfortunately i'm using an 88 CRX engine wiring harness. Now i've looked at all the connectors and they are all the same cept that one by the resistor box. The engine harness (88) the plug only has 6 pins not 8.

I've done some digging and found out that the 8 pin connector is part of the main wiring sub harness. I'm trying to figure out what they do so i can match them accordingly.

If anyone has any information at all that would help, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Jon

the 89-90 Si had a Fast Idle Control Valve on the back of the intake manifold which wasn't on the 88 Si - the 2 wires for the FICV ran thru the connector on the driver's side - that is the reason for the 8 wires on the 90 chassis harness and only 6 wires on the 88 engine harness - the wire colors for the FICV are dark blue and black yellow - you won't need those wires for any engine other than the 89-91 D16A6 Si - you need to get an eight pin round connector to swap onto the engine harness so that it will plug into the chassis harness and just use the 6 wires (4 for the injectors, 1 for the resistor box and 1 for the EACV) in the 8 pin connector - just match the wire colors on both sides of the connector for each of the 6 wires - the dark blue and black/yellow wires in the chassis harness won't have any wires going to them - the FICV doesn't trigger a Check engine light or code, so not having them connected doesn't matter

Last edited:
Ohhh serious... How did you ever figure that out? i'm still sifting through the wiring diagrams i have for the 90 crx.

But thank you VERY VERY VERY much. Hopefully I can have this thing running this weekend!! =D Again. Thank you soooo much you don't know how happy I am right now.

Back