1990 Honda Civic DX B16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chetrickerman

I am a new person at swapping engines. I don't know what i all need for the swap. My civic has a D15 and is automatic, so im asking what is everything I need for the swap, and if anyone can give me detailed instructions, that would be awesome. I don't want to screw things up. I am buying the B16 full swap with the 5 speed cable transmission from hmotorsonline.com. I know that it comes with some things, but i want to know what else i need, and in detail please. Like i said i am new at this, but i love it already. Thank you very much :)

First you are going to need to buy some aftermarket b-series mounts,hasport makes good mounts but there are alot of others so just look around.Since your car is auto you will need to find a complete manual pedal assembly and follow these instructions Rywire - Automatic To Manual Conversion Once you have the auto-manual swap done you can put the motor in the car.After the motor is installed you will need to convert from DPFI to MPFI.You can buy a premade harness from here Rywire - Online Store or you can wire it up yourself.

help

ok maybe i found the right area to write this ive got a 1990 honda crx dx i just purchased a 1987 acura integra motor trany and ecu i was wondering what is all needed when swaping out the motors since im doin it my self i kinda need assistance on this subject this is afterall my first honda/jap car ive only owned full size trucks in the past and im good at those engines if any one at all can help please write back or email me at im_duh_punk@yahoo.com thanx

ok maybe i found the right area to write this ive got a 1990 honda crx dx i just purchased a 1987 acura integra motor trany and ecu i was wondering what is all needed when swaping out the motors since im doin it my self i kinda need assistance on this subject this is afterall my first honda/jap car ive only owned full size trucks in the past and im good at those engines if any one at all can help please write back or email me at im_duh_punk@yahoo.com thanx
you would be in for a lot of work - the Integra D16A1 is not a direct bolt-in to the 2nd gen CRX - you would need to fabricate a driver's side mount as the D16A1 mount is on the front of the engine and not on the end like the 4th gen engines - you cannot use the Integra transmission as it has completely different mounts - the engine will somewhat bolt to your DX transmission, but you can't get all of the bolts in - the D16A1 block does not have a hole in it for the long starter bolt that goes thru the transmission into the block - you will end up with only one bolt in the starter - you would need to use the flywheel and clutch from the engine in the car now - the 87 D16A1 uses a distributor with vacuum advance ignition and not the electronic advance used on the later engines - the later 88-89 D16A1 electronic advance distributor, as well as the Cylinder Position Sensor, will not bolt to the 86-87 D16A1 head - the 87 Integra ECU will not work with the electronic advance distributor - your DX has the Dual Point Fuel Injection, and you would need to do the wiring changes to convert it from Dual Point to Multi Point Fuel Injection - a lot of work for a 113hp engine

i did a d16a1 swap into a first gen crx earlier this year and it was alright just because it was pretty much drop-in, and the car is 200 lbs lighter than a 2nd gen crx, scooted pretty well. But i wouldnt even mess with the d16a1 into a 2nd gen. If i were you id take the axles from the d16a1, and use them in your crx with a b16. just sell that eng/tran/ecu on ebay or something, someone will buy it. But if its been sittin the bearings on that motor seem to go quite easy, from what ive seen.

If i were you id take the axles from the d16a1, and use them in your crx with a b16.
86-89 Integra axles will not work with B-series swap on 2g CRX - too short - you need 90-93 Integra axles

thanx

ok thanx guys for the info i think ill scrap the idea and get a dif motor not a big deal i got it all 4 free anyways i think ill go with a b16a swap got any good ideas on an inexspensive place to buy a swap?

Back