1990 integra swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integra90

i have a 1990 integra witha b18A1 and i want to do a swap. i was thinking a b18b and going turbo or a b18c, any suggestions or ideas.

You will probably find that a b18b will not be worth your time... I believe it's only about 10-12 horsepower from the cams/im, if our motor is still in good shape you could just swap cams from a b18b.

The most popular swap for the 90-91 integras would be the xsi b16 swap because: 1. it is obd0 like the 90-91 integras so a lot less of a pain in terms of wiring and: 2. it has a cable transmission so you won't have to fabricate/buy a hydro transmission mounting kit.

But if time/money are not big issues for you, you can realistically go with any b-series you want. I am swapping an sir-II b16 into my 1990 integra as we speak...

-chris

i have a 1990 integra witha b18A1 and i want to do a swap. i was thinking a b18b and going turbo or a b18c, any suggestions or ideas.

A B18B would be pretty pointless, it's pretty much exactly what you already have. The B18B does have about 12 more horsepower then the B18A, but only because it has different cams. Upgrade the cams on your motor and it's essentially the same thing.

So unless your motor is in bad shape or has super high mileage, I'd skip the B18B idea.

What car did the b16 come in and what is the power output, and is there alot of aftermarket support for the b16

What car did the b16 come in and what is the power output, and is there alot of aftermarket support for the b16

It came in a lot of different cars in Japan. In the US it was available in the Del Sol VTEC and the 99-00 Civic Si Coupe.

And yes, there's tons of after-market support.

Swap a GSR into it. I had that exact same swap and it was a pretty fast car. And you get to keep power steering!!!

well b16a1 has about 155-160hp 106 torque honestly i would go with the b18c1 gsr really good to boost COMP=10.0:1 180hp and 128trqe but it ranges from 1800-3300 thats just a guess but u have more torque in your b18a1 i say boost 8psi or go lsvtec

Back