1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 LS Project

Discussion in 'Integra' started by 7thEX, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 7thEX

7thEX New Member

bought an integra ls shell for senior project for school. had some previous experience with building but it was all hondas. what would be a good motor for the car? any ideas of feedback would be appreciated.

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

B18c or an H22, but either of those is going to cost you an arm and a leg. What are you planning to do with it? You just trying to make a running car? Going to be seeing any track time? Converting to a 4x4 mud bogger?

3. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

If you are just doing it for school and don't have alot of money go with a B18B1 Non-VTEC motor. But again it also depends on what you want to do.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

And how is an Integra not a Honda?

Basically any motor that you can fit into an 88-00 Civic will also fit into the Integra. If the motor that's in there is in decent shape, I'd suggest a turbo or VTEC head. If the stock motor is toast, then I'd suggest a B16 or another B18. Those would be the easiest swaps to do. An H22 is also possible, but the swap would be a bit more complicated.

5. coolnar

coolnar New Member

I have a 1990 ls integra to i am looking for a new motor too i was going to get a B16A 1St Gen DOHC VTEC Engine & 5 Speed Transmission would come with it do i have to get a ECU also or anyother parts?

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why are you posting in a thread that died two years ago? Start a new one please...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted