1990 Nissan Sentra Motor SWAp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

hey fellas wel li got my new commuter its a 1990 nissan sentra 5 speed its ok but a bit underpowered haha, i was wondering if that older 90-93 sr20 4 cyl motor will go into it? If anyone knows then let me know. And what it would take to do it.
Any other swaps for the old sentras?
any help would be very helpful this thing is sloooow

Fairly common swap. Based on the swap differences, you should prolly look at swapping in a FWD SR20DET Bluebird motor. Otherwise, the swaps are basically the same. Might want to check out Jim Wolf Technologies and Stillen for B13 Sentra stuff.

how do you mean the same? would i need the sr20 bluebird tranny as well? axles and so forth, im a honda guy, this is like trying to teach a monkey japanese to me haha

ok so the fwd sr20 will fit, does it need special mounts or anything?
axles?
tranny?
wiring?
ecu?

can't use the bluebird tranny... its an awd setup. you will need the regular sr20de tranny from like a us se-r or something

ok so
bluebird sr20 motor
early se-r tranny, any idea what year would fit?

what about
axles
mounts
ecu
wiring???

seriously.... SERIOUSLY! it easier to put a boat together inside a bottle.

turbo what you have, run 7 psi and make about 170 at the wheels... throught proper tuning and good cooling you can go higher

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
seriously.... SERIOUSLY! it easier to put a boat together inside a bottle.

turbo what you have, run 7 psi and make about 170 at the wheels... throught proper tuning and good cooling you can go higher
i know we have a other vehicles forum but seriously go to nicco or something they help you out alot more

they are going to tell you that you are pwned...

along with wiring the WHOLE damn car again, you have to switch out the mount... and by switch I mean CUSTOM make your own... then you get to weld all of your fabbed pieces in, use a fwd trans and the axles that came from the car you got the trans out of, as well as the hubs from that car... then you get to use all of springs and struts from that car as well.... then after you completely have rebuilt your ENTIRE CAR and spent somewhere between 3-5k... you could have bought an SE-R for 3 grand and been done with it.

^yeah^

you missed it by 1 year...91-94 Sentra's are the B13's with the easy(er) SR20DET swaps (basicly an SE-R came with the plain SR20DE, mounts and whatnot are the same, you can use the old tranny, some wiring mods/fuel upgrades, but thats about it)

A 90 is a completely different chassis...(think CA18DET)

B12's are scary. :ph34r:

Shoulda got a b13, bro. I had one. I still love the way they look, but I got tired of little issues I was having with the POS I bought. Most are pretty nice if well cared for.

Back