1990 teg with 1992 ls NOT STARTING

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ls/teg

Hey,
i have a 1990 acura integra with a 1992 ls swap and its not starting i have fuel,spark, and timing its cranking over but no pop or fire nothing like that does any one know the problem?:confused: thanks alot

Werd, double check your grounds. I had the same problem once, and it turned out to be ground down below the throttle body, where the transmission and engine mate.

have you checked your auto tenisoner cause i had my timing and everything and spark and fuel and my auto tenisoner was off and wasen't tensining my timing belt so i would check that

if your motor is cranking, it's not your ground, if it was your ground, your motor wont' even crank over. i'd check the timing again. loosen the dizzy and crank it over while another person moves the dizzy to get it started. make sure your cams are tdc and the white mark on the crank pulley is lined up with the timing mark on the timing cover. if your cams are not tdc and your crank is, your timing would still be off or vice versa. give it a try......good luck! dont forget to jumper the harness when you do the timing.

if your motor is cranking, it's not your ground, if it was your ground, your motor wont' even crank over.

Completely untrue. There are several grounds in the engine bay. I know that this is untrue, because when I tried to start mine, not knowing the ground by the transmission was disconected, and it would crank, but not start. I then found the disconnected ground, and then the car started right up.

it could be your ground to your wiring harness or your transmission ground but if it is cranking then your grounds should be ok, i had the same problem even with the same motor in the same year of car it turned out that my motor had 0 comprssion in the first cylender and 115 in the other 3 the best thing to check next is compression!

it could be your ground to your wiring harness or your transmission ground but if it is cranking then your grounds should be ok, i had the same problem even with the same motor in the same year of car it turned out that my motor had 0 comprssion in the first cylender and 115 in the other 3 the best thing to check next is compression!

nah man the engine will still crank if the grounds are ok. the last time i had this sort of problem is was the tranny ground that goes from the clutch cable bracket to the frame rail. the engine would turn over just fine, but wouldnt start. connected that specific ground and it started.

nah man the engine will still crank if the grounds are ok. the last time i had this sort of problem is was the tranny ground that goes from the clutch cable bracket to the frame rail. the engine would turn over just fine, but wouldnt start. connected that specific ground and it started.

:werd: .....

i threw that out there, cause recently i took my car out for a warm up and it started fine, came home and had to leave to go to the store3 minutes later and it didnt want to crank over. so i did the usual inspection and found that when i removed and put back the ground line on the frame rail, it started right up. same theory, happened differently

Back