1991 CRX DX needs to go faster....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

ok so i got this 1991 CRX DX for $500 from one of my boys, it has 127,000mi on it wich isnt that bad. but i am debating on what to swap into it. eather a b16 or a b18. i can get a b18 for $300 from one of my boys, i would not do any turbo or nos or anything. so if i was going stright up asperated air what would b the best engine for off the line. although i am debating on weather a blower is any good. the reason i dont want to do the turbo is cuz when i rebuild the motor i dont have the $$ to get new rods. but if i thow a blower on the b 18 would i have to replace the rods also?? and obvously i havnt seen too many hondas wit blowers on them is there any paticular reason for this??? i have done some research on turbos and blowers, i have found the pro's and con's wit them bouth, but i havnt found how much a blower set would cost. i know a used turbo set costs like a G or so and i dont got that $$ so i was hopin the blower is a tit cheeper. also i wana bump up the hp as of now wit the DX in. what can i do to it for a coupple hundred $$. i got a intake and a streight pipe back wit no cat back. but if somone could get back at me it would be greatly apreacheated. peace

You'll find superchargers are going to be as much if not more than a turbo setup(atleast all of the ones I have seen). You may be able to stay under 1000 with a junkyard turbo setup.

first of all - :emofo:
second, im guessing that by saying bloer, or blower, you mean supercharger?
blowers are used on american cars w/ BBC, or SBC etc.
i suggest saving up more money and getting a gsr swap, or if you want to spend your money NOW, pick up that b18, im guessing its a LS for 300, but i would save for a GSR swap :baby:

Back