1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Crx si wheel front wheel bearing problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by b18c5crxtasy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. b18c5crxtasy

b18c5crxtasy Senior Member

i tried to look through forums and saw something about the back of a 96 integra needed to be pressed in at a shop but i thought you had to just take off the tire, brake caliper, axle nut, and rotor to access it. i work all day today but if i can do it by hand i'll finish it today, but i don't want to start and find out i need a shop to do it anyway. help these things are groanin pretty bad.

thanks

2. b18c5crxtasy

is my best bet to just get a balljoint remover and take off both front knuckles (with rotor, hub, and calipers off), get the bearings and having a shop take out the old and press in the new?

3. b18c5crxtasy

okay i have a quote of 100 per wheel to do the bearings plus the 46 each side for the part. figure i will bring the knuckles to the shop, they have 4 press operations on each one (hub out, bearing out, bearing in, hub in), plus the rent cost on the ball joint puller....around 330 bux...sound reasonable for new bearings installed on a 91 si?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted