1991 Crx si wheel front wheel bearing problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

i tried to look through forums and saw something about the back of a 96 integra needed to be pressed in at a shop but i thought you had to just take off the tire, brake caliper, axle nut, and rotor to access it. i work all day today but if i can do it by hand i'll finish it today, but i don't want to start and find out i need a shop to do it anyway. help these things are groanin pretty bad.

thanks

is my best bet to just get a balljoint remover and take off both front knuckles (with rotor, hub, and calipers off), get the bearings and having a shop take out the old and press in the new?

okay i have a quote of 100 per wheel to do the bearings plus the 46 each side for the part. figure i will bring the knuckles to the shop, they have 4 press operations on each one (hub out, bearing out, bearing in, hub in), plus the rent cost on the ball joint puller....around 330 bux...sound reasonable for new bearings installed on a 91 si?

Back