1991 honda civic si swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smufster

i own a 1991 honda civic hatchback si
im addicted to driveing.. im a delivery driver
im looking to do an engine swap and as much power and least weight
any suggestions?

what would be the best weight to power engine
if you were me what would you put in?
priceing wise..on a $1000 budget.. should i get a b16 from a autowrecker with tranny?

Last edited:
Have fun finding that deal. But ya if you can find a good one for 1000 bucks go for it!

with 1k..look for a b18...but keep in mind you will need mounts,shift linkage,ecu,axles,and some various things to do the swap..if you want a little more power without changing weight then do a minime,

+1 Mini me is really cheap and gets you some good power.

You could spend the rest of the 1k on some go fast goodies.

^yup....or just boost the stock motor...do a homemade turbo,and get a really good tune,run 10 psi on stock motor..

My vote goes to a proper Z6 swap, which includes the OBDI conversion.

I happen to have the converted engine harness for a Z6 into a '91 Si hatch, distributor conversion harness, and the OBDI conversion harness. From RyWire.com you'd pay $319 plus shipping. How does $280 plus shipping sound? I also have the VTEC/O2 subharness you'll need for another $40...it's $55 at RyWire.com. Then, provided your Z6 comes with the distributor and O2 sensor, all you have to do is hook everything up and it'll fire right up. I'm willing to sell for two reasons, 1) my Si is wrecked and I'm getting an EG hatch to put the Z6 into and 2) I could use the money for some drum gear.

x2 the Z6 is a great engine and can be easily upgraded later for turbo and they take a turbo really well. I'm doing a Z6 swap into a crx shortly with a small T25 turbo for daily driving. And a/c since I'm in hot as all get out Arizona!

Hello i was looking at the new post and i c u are looking for a swap for your ef i have a swap you might be interested in its b18b motor b18a trany together , shift link , b-series mounts , ecu , and jump harness for ecu and distrbitor plugs from rywire plug and play. i was going to do the swap into my 91 si but i just bought a honda trx450r so i am selling the swap i will let the hole swap go for $ 1000 + ship. the motor has 86k on it .
thanks
lscivic91

i have a 1.6 ZC motor 5 speed tranny and mostly new ex.system i'll sale you the whole car call me at 1-724-537-2670 ask for Richard

b18

for the guy with the b 18 and tranny with 86k.. for 1k
where are you from and do you have an idea on how much it would cost to ship it to bc?

haha i thought you lived in canada next to NY but you live in b.c canada my bad dude . its 1,150 to ship to you sorry

thank you
lscivic91

i asked around, everone's saying the b 18b would be best, or a b20
i got some prices...for a b16 running mint at 180 in all the pistons with the tranny he said he could sell it to me for 1000$
went to another place they had a b18a i got him to lower it to 700$ without the tranny cause it is already sold running at 190
i also got told there is a company in onterio that imports motors in from taiwan, he said a b18 with under 5000k would be 1100 with like 80 in shipping, anyone know the name of this company?
please reply, thanks

does anyone know a company in canada that imports honda motors from japan?
or a japanese company i can order one from?

Back